Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: So Where Are Y'All At On Pricing?  (Read 3937 times)

Offline utahbeekeeper

• House Bee
    • Millcreek Valley Farm
So Where Are Y'All At On Pricing?
« on: July 09, 2008, 05:19:25 pm »
It is a new year . . . bees and their possible extinction are in the puffed up media often, and honey, particularly a beek's locally sold products are at a premium.  What price is everyone that does sell getting this year?  I have searched "Raw Honey For Sale"   in Yahoo and Google and have gotten quite a range for a pound, and some of these sites may be old:
Miller's Honey   $4.00 per lb
Real Hawaiian Honey  $12.00 per lb (YIKES)
Carlisle Honey  $8.25 per lb
Who'sYour Honey (Gotta love this one!)  Greek import  $13.00 per lb
Ohio Honey  $8.00 per lb
Hey   that's ME   not bad placement on Yahoo, eh?
Bee Pee Honey of new York - no price given but had to include!
Bee Bros. Honey of New York  $5.00 per lb

Ok you get my drift.  Millcreek Valley Farm honey will go on sale this Sat at the first day of Farmer's Market.  I have reached the following pricing decisions:

12oz bear - $4.95
16oz jar - $6.50
22oz Decorative Cutsie Mason w/cut comb - $9.95
40oz jar - $15.50

These are a buck or so higher than last year's prices and we sold out.  I have been getting phone calls and eMail requests for months, although some have been for bulk sales and I won't do that.  With our line of beeswax lotion bars, lip balms and soaps, we should rock the city park.  Jars got here today so it is bottling night.  Just for fun, when I get home I'll post my custom label.

So what are you folks selling for this year?  Just curious
Pleasant words are like an honeycomb, sweet to the soul and health to the bones.  Prov 16:24

Offline randydrivesabus

• Queen Bee
Re: So Where Are Y'All At On Pricing?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 05:38:37 pm »
i'm going to sell my pints for $7.50 like I did last year but they are somewhat crystallized and not really this years honey but from a couple of dead outs. I will put them in the greenhouse for a short time to liquify them a bit.
if i had fresh honey i would probably try to get $10. if that would be met with a lot of resistance then i would adjust. I also would do some arm twisting if there are other vendors selling honey to get them to at least match my price.

Offline hardtime

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 07:33:21 pm »
well i am saleing pints 5$  quarts  10.50  along side the road  where people pass by the most .might try fram ers market some to.
your frend   hardtime

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 07:42:55 pm »
2007 I got $6.00 per pound no matter the size of jar. I use jars saved from eating the groceries. I guess if I bought jars I would add that price to the six per pound. Not sure if I will have any honey this year. Very dry.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Ross

• Field Bee
    • http://www.myoldtools.com
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 08:25:35 pm »
I'm selling for $8 for pints, $10 pints with comb, and $15 for quarts.  I use new Golden Harvest canning jars.
www.myoldtools.com
Those who don't read good books have no advantage over those who can't---Mark Twain

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 03:04:20 am »
I thought I saw something about comb honey being in the 20's. Not sure if it was an earlier post or not but I did see it. Might have been a news thing I saw.

Offline golddust-twins

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 03:34:24 am »
Pints $7.50 to the produce stand at the farmers market.  He marks them to $9.75. 

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 08:08:36 pm »
What's the pint/weight conversion? I sold 1 lb jars for $5.50, 8 oz for $3.50, and 8 oz "gift jars" for $4.50. I think I'm going to increase my price, I sold out in two days.
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

Offline utahbeekeeper

• House Bee
    • Millcreek Valley Farm
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 08:14:00 pm »
Honey varies slightly,  but typically 22oz in a pint
Pleasant words are like an honeycomb, sweet to the soul and health to the bones.  Prov 16:24

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: So Where Are Y'All At On Pricing?$7.00
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 09:15:24 pm »
I have been selling the small bears for $3.00, 1/2 pint jelly jars for $4.00 and pints for $6.00. Sales for the pints has been good. I am thinking about going up to $7.00. All sales are by word of mouth, no stand.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 09:35:51 pm »
Last season $4.00 for 1/2 lb, $6.00 for 1 lb, sold a few gallons @ $35.00 per gallon. Will probably be the same this season. Haven't harvested yet, been busy, and resting when not busy.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 09:56:13 pm »
Last year was a 6oz bear, 2.50 or five for ten. Upside down pounder, for 6, or five for twenty.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 10:48:59 pm »
Mine are going for $6.00 per pint.  I should have gone $7 or $8.  Next year will definitely be $7 unless there is a large surge in national prices.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline DrKurtG

• House Bee
    • My Bee Journal
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 07:45:44 pm »
What about bulk honey? Anyone sell to restaurants or other establishments?

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 08:46:46 pm »
Wow  :shock:  you Beeks are doing great, I got $4.50 per lb. last year. This year, I'm shaking down my customers for more  :evil:

anything