Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Stupid, stupid, stupid  (Read 7327 times)

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
Re: Stupid, stupid, stupid
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2007, 07:45:06 pm »
Man, I hate it when they get in your vale.  Freaks me out!  I've been meaning to buy a suit with a zippered vale from Betterbee but I keep spending my bee-budget on more hive equipment.  I keep telling myself, "Maybe next payday".  But I tell you what, one more sting like I got the other day and I'm gunna order one right away!

I hope your felling better.  100 stings, that's pretty hardcore.  Been there with a yellow jackets nest back in highschool, totally sucks!

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 07:49:42 pm »
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?topic=9579.0

there are jackets with zip veils that are not to much.  i have one and it's pretty nice.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline JMN

• New Bee
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 09:57:34 pm »
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?topic=9579.0

there are jackets with zip veils that are not to much.  i have one and it's pretty nice.

I have a suit with the zip on veil and helmet, but with my own bees I never had to zip it on, my bees are not aggressive like my friend's.  But on the other hand I'd not robbed their honey stores yet either.  Maybe they're going to get mad too when the time comes.

By the way, today I'd order one of those Alexander veils with strings.  My friend and his helper using them and they did not have any problems at all.

JNM
Of all the things I lost, my mind is the one I miss the most. B1mg379

anything