Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Aust. regs/requirements for selling honey.  (Read 11228 times)

Offline bernsad

• House Bee
Re: Aust. regs/requirements for selling honey.
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 04:25:47 am »
Its just that my local general store wants to stock my local ti tree honey.  Im fine with selling to friends and such, but when the general public buys from a store, we were questioning public liability.

Just curious how that affects your price if you sell to the store rather than retailing yourself. Do you have to cut your price to a wholesale rate? And if so how much? Or do you sell at your normal retail and the shop adds a cut on top? I suspect it's more likely the first scenario.

Offline the-ecohouse.com

• House Bee
    • the-ecohouse.com
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2011, 09:59:35 am »
hell no....sell it at retail.

if you gong to sell it to to stores you may need to drop a bit off it, but there is no way you would tell it for less than 10kg

omo

Offline the-ecohouse.com

• House Bee
    • the-ecohouse.com
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2011, 07:08:34 am »
Bottle it up and get along to a local farmers market  :) that should help you get rid of it.

Offline bernsad

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2011, 04:06:59 pm »
I have been bottling and selling a bit at work/kids school etc... but unfortunately the local farmers market is only smallish and they have a policy of only 1 of any type of vendor, there is another local beek who has 70 odd hives and has that market wrapped up. In fact I think there is a honey seller at all the local markets, must explore a bit further.

Offline the-ecohouse.com

• House Bee
    • the-ecohouse.com
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2011, 09:33:11 pm »
maybe ebay then?

there is quite a few people selling on ebay, they seem to be moving a bit of product as well.

I'm going to do that this year as well, to sell maybe packs of 3 * 350gm jats with different variety's, and see how that goes.

Offline bernsad

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2011, 01:46:44 am »
Ebay, really? I've never noticed, I'll go take look now.