Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Abigail and Madeline basking in the sun  (Read 3251 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Abigail and Madeline basking in the sun
« on: April 10, 2008, 10:41:26 am »
We had some sunshine, the chickens, ducks and turkeys were let out of their chickenyards for a few hours.  Both turkey hens took the time to bask in the sand in the driveway.  This driveway is packed hard road mulch, but they managed to ruffle up the sandy stuff and take in the heat.  Abigail is broody, but she had taken that short time to come off her clutch of eggs and revel in the beautiful sunshine, they are a lovely pair.  Beautiful day in this beautiful and great life. Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Abigail and Madeline basking in the sun
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 10:59:30 am »
Cindi, I'll try again later but my computer just doesn't want to load those pics in a timely fashion. I need to see my targets!!!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Angi_H

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 02:49:46 am »
I will have to take a pict of my broody that has babies under her and the hen that helps her. they hatched them out togather.

Angi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 09:07:03 am »
Yep, I see at least a few fine turkey dinners this morning, heeheehee! :-* :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 09:39:01 am »
JP, good luck with that one!!!  In many months you can start to dream of that big fat heritage turkey on your table, hee, hee.  They should be hatched in a couple of weeks.

Angi, this is funny.  Abigail has been sitting on the eggs since April 1.  Now the past week Madeline has been in there sitting too, right beside Abigail.  I look in and they both look right back at me, not moving an inch, I always talk to them and they know that I am their pal.  They got to know me pretty darn good prior to the brooding.  I have no clue if Madeline has laid eggs in there, I am suspecting maybe.  The first week that Abigail was sitting on those 20 eggs, Madeline would still come out alot and hang out.  Now she doesn't even come out period.  So I am thinking that she may have gone in their and laid a clutch and is not sitting on those eggs.  Time will tell that tale.  But I am expecting lots of babies when all hatches out and is said and done, hope a good many of the eggs are viable. 

Try and get some pics of your hen, I would love to see that for sure. Have the most wonderful and beautiful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 12:23:03 am »
I have 2 broad Brrested Bronze pults.  I named them Thanksgiving and Christmas.  One of My grandduagthers told her class at school about Grandpa's turkeys.  They all thought Thanksgiving and Christmas were strange names for the Turkey;s until she told them that that was when we were going to eat them.  the she got a big OOWW, ICK!
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!