Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: bees hauling brood out  (Read 1242 times)

Offline chad

• New Bee
bees hauling brood out
« on: June 07, 2009, 10:14:06 pm »
OK here's the story.I have 3 new hives.2 from cutouts and 1 from a swarm.Ive had these for a few monthsTwo of them are queen less.I got two queens wensday,put them in the hives.I released them Saturday and took two frames of brood from the good hive. I put 1 frame in each of the hives I'm queening.I checked today and both hives I queened are hauling out brood and dumping it.Is this normal? 

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: bees hauling brood out
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 11:07:29 pm »
OK here's the story.I have 3 new hives.2 from cutouts and 1 from a swarm.Ive had these for a few monthsTwo of them are queen less.I got two queens wensday,put them in the hives.I released them Saturday and took two frames of brood from the good hive. I put 1 frame in each of the hives I'm queening.I checked today and both hives I queened are hauling out brood and dumping it.Is this normal? 

If the brood was mostly drone then yes, if not then no.  Check on the queens and for new eggs 10 days after install.  Sometimes it will take more than 10 days for a new queen to start laying in a hive.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline chad

• New Bee
Re: bees hauling brood out
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 11:26:56 pm »
Ok , Thanks Brian