Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Birthday of my blog  (Read 6207 times)

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
Birthday of my blog
« on: April 16, 2013, 12:07:55 am »
Today I start my eighth year of beekeeping.  I always stop by here on the birthday of the blog because all of you have been so helpful to me.  When I first got started (and how the blog got started) I posted on my blog so my family would have some idea about this crazy hobby of mine. 

Then I would have questions and would come over here to Beemaster and ask for help.  I'd put my photos up on the blog and direct people to the blog post to help me with my problem.  And help all of you did....I could count on getting many opinions when I put a question up on this forum.  I could be sure I would learn several ways to approach whatever my beekeeping challenge was.

The blog helped me with all of that because I could easily post so many photos.

So thank you so much to everyone here - too many people have helped me to even try to name them, but I've appreciated every response to my posts on Beemaster and every visit many of you have made to my blog over these last seven years.  I've been thrilled to meet some of you in person: Michael Bush, JP (Jeff Armstrong - his real name!), Brendhan Horne and I've had a phone call with Iddee.

And now to begin year eight! I am more enthusiastic and excited about the bees than ever, as I'm sure most of you are.

Thanks,

Linda T in Atlanta

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Birthday of my blog
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 01:35:26 am »
WOW!!  time flies :-)

it's a great blog and you should be proud of it.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 01:37:06 pm »
Congratulations Linda!  Happy Blogirthday! :D

love,
ziffa 

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 04:23:57 pm »
Way to go Linda! Yours is a truly great teaching tool for lots of folks...keep it up!

(BTW we met as well at Brendhan's meeting a few years back!)

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 04:31:55 pm »
We should start planning a blow-out for the 10th anniversary.  Maybe we can all come down and camp in your yard... :)
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 01:04:56 am »
My wish is to one day meet you Linda. I love your blog and as I have said before, I have a special place in my heart for you. We both started beekeeping on the same day, both are sagittarius and around the same age.

I have read your blog from the very beginning and all your videos helped me along and I have passed on your good information to other beekeepers.

I can't thank you enough for your continued education and all the sharing you do.

Sincerely
Annette

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 10:18:57 am »
Thanks for all the support, everybody, and the kind words.  Scott, I remember meeting you in Florida - forgot to put you on my list in the earlier post.  Michael, you are welcome in Atlanta any time.  Annette, I'd love to meet you too - want to go to Lithuania?  Julia, Noah and I are thinking of signing up for a beekeeping tour of Lithuania in July!

Linda T

Offline greg755

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 06:54:50 pm »
happy B Day

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 09:26:01 pm »
Thanks for all the support, everybody, and the kind words.  Scott, I remember meeting you in Florida - forgot to put you on my list in the earlier post.  Michael, you are welcome in Atlanta any time.  Annette, I'd love to meet you too - want to go to Lithuania?  Julia, Noah and I are thinking of signing up for a beekeeping tour of Lithuania in July!

Linda T

My husbands family is from Lithuania, but we have never been there. It sounds wonderful and I will read about it more on your blog.

Annette

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 11:49:58 am »
Happy Birthday to your lovely blog!

anything