Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: alligator sauce piquante cooking video  (Read 7465 times)

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
alligator sauce piquante cooking video
« on: April 21, 2011, 12:54:30 am »
well i have it put together in 3parts.enjoy it cause i did and everyone at bud did too.   ...schawee   cooking alligator sauce piqunte   cooking alligator sauce piquante   cooking alligator sauce piquante
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
Re: alligator sauce piquante cooking video
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 10:33:56 am »
Chef Schawee!

Kept waiting for the 'Now a little bit o red wine' Justin Wilson style.

Offline REDBEE

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 11:17:20 am »
That was some mighty fine eating ,my first gater :-P

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 11:27:43 am »
it was great!  wish i could find alligator here...  my first also.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 01:33:00 pm »
Not my first, but easily the best I've had. Thanks, Bruce.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 01:44:10 pm »
I couldn't get over the fact I was not only eating alligator for the first time, but alligator killed by the chef!!  Wow!

It was yummy, schawee, thanks so much for sharing with us!

love,
ziffa

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 10:10:22 pm »
Dude, you're killing me.  I already ate my after dinner snack and now I am really starving.    Looks great.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 10:55:07 pm »
We eat a lot of gator down this way but I gotta say this was as good as it comes...so tender! And Schawee, That roue needs to be on the cover of roue monthly magazine!

My tongue keeps leaving my mouth and wandering the neighborhood at night looking for more.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 10:04:43 am »
APPRECIATE IT BUDDIE; IT WAS THAT 6TH BAY LEAF THAT DID THE TRICK
take care and see you in a week or 2. we gona teach that other coon### a thing o 2 bout them slews
to bee or not to bee

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 10:37:25 am »
I cooked according to Schawee's recipe and couldn't believe how many ingredients I had to buy. Filled up a basket folks! Dude cooks for twenty five people!

BTW, this recipe is good with chicken as well, just don't cook it nearly as long, likely half that time. Could also do it with fish such as redfish in even less time.

Some eat picante over rice, I like mine Schawee style over pasta. Of course I'm half Italian and smother the plate down with parmesan cheese, so much that you can't see the plate. Now that's eatin'!

Of course Schawee says you ruin it when you do that.  ;)

Oh, I like mine spicy and add crushed red pepper on top.

That some fine eatin' folks!

Sorry we couldn't bring this to you before Bud3s as Schawee mentioned I had a family reunion to go to in Magnolia, Ms.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline skflyfish

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 11:06:31 am »
Thanks Schawee!

I ended up drooling like one of my dogs after watching this.  :-D

One question, I normally make my roux from flour and butter, equal portions. Have you use a butter based roux before? Do you like the oil based roux better?

Thanks JP for the tip of using chicken. Sounds yummy. My GF is Italian a goods dang well. But she hates parmasean cheese. Go figure, eh.

Learned something else too. I thought Cajun and spicy were synonymous. Guess not.  :-D

Thx again.

Jay

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 06:27:29 pm »
thanks for the compliments on my aligator sauce piquante .like jp said you can make it with just about anything ,deer,RABBITS( sorry liz )chicken.beef ,pork . if it walks,swim or fly you can make a sauce piquante with it :-D.just remember that the sauce needs to cook for at least 3 1/2 to 4 hours.so if its something like chicken i would put it in the last 1 1/2 hours of the cooking time. jay ,i don't make butter rouxs,only rouxs with equal parts of oil and flour .if you let the roux sit for a short time the oil will come to the top and it can be taken out.some cajuns like it hot and some don't and im one that don't :-D as far as parmesan cheese goes i DON'T put it on because it takes away from the taste .a good cajun would never do that to their piquante :-D and then there's j p :evil: allen sory about making you feel like that but thats how i  know i have a good recipe. :-D      ...schawee

one who dont like it hot
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 06:36:30 pm »
allmost forgot,k9 i don't use wine cause i don't like like it, i do it schawee style :-D    ...schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

anything