Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My gold dojo!  (Read 3383 times)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
My gold dojo!
« on: March 03, 2008, 10:53:07 pm »
Heres one of my aquarium friends. These(Gold Dojos) were hard to get since the '70's in Tex. But I finally found a place in Fla. where i could order them from..he's about 3 years old.
your friend,
john

http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=golddojoun9.jpg
By johnnybigfish                           
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 05:49:50 am by buzzbee »

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
Re: My gold dojo!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 11:19:37 pm »
JohnnyBF,

What a pretty fellow, he looks like of alien...does he eat algae?

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 11:57:37 pm »
Hey Sharon!
 He actually eats flake food like the rest of the fish in this tank. If you've been into fish stores you may remember seeing another fish like this called a "Weather Loach".These guys are really good for eating small snails, IF you have a snail problem.
I just took this pic a few days ago trying out a new lens.
It seems in the past that these gold dojos used to have emerald green eyes..Maybe inbreeding caused them to change.
I have about 4 tanks going now,,1 55gl with Africans in it, 1 55 with community fish a 29 with glass cats, a 1 eyed moonlight gourami and a BEAUTIFUL gold angel.The gourami and angel are in this tank to keep then safe from the other fish. I have a small 10 gl tank with a mated pair of angels.
 I started tropical fish when i was 12..It was like doing bees, I was consumed with tropical fish..And I HAVE a GREEN THUMB with tropicals for some reason to this day...But I dont have enough room anymore,.
 I had, at two different times over the years, the opportunity to work in Hong Kong at world fish suppliers and to work in Fla, in tropical fish distribution..I past it all up in the late 70's "Doing My Own Thing". When you do this you lose all interests in everything you love.
But LOOK OUT!....For me, FISHING would never stop! And now i have a wife that I behave for!...And 3 years ago I Started my aquariums up again!....I havent even mentioned my bees!!
 Life is good to me, and God has given me way more than I DESERVE!..
 And now I have people like you and all the other nice people here in the forums to share this stuff with!.
 Next time I'll show you who "Headley" is!..He eats algea!
Ok,..I better go now...Matter of fact we're supposed to get 3 to six inches of snow tonite!( Unless janelle told me that to get me uip to the dinner table)...I like snow!
your friend,
john

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 07:57:06 am »
Johnny, don't ever change. Have you been told this before? I bet that you have, cause I have also. Its a compliment really I think. No, I know it is. It means, wow, are you really like this, this weird, this childlike, this strange? Yes, it means you are unique, odd, strange, eccentric, but never boring!!! When people say I am weird and trust me they do, I hold my head up high and with that sheepish grin I thank them very much, because its the best compliment an eccentric like us could ever get from those types that can't quite seem to step outta their little boxes.

Loaches, love them!!! Weather, clown, khulis, and really like those gold dojos you got there man! Keep on keepin' on brother!

....JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 09:37:45 am »
Wow, Johnny, that is one neat fish, I don't think I've ever seen one before!

As for being strange, no, you're not - you have an exciting, inquisitive mind and like to learn.  I'm the same way, I am never, ever bored.  Yes, people think I"m strange, but I'm fine with that, I've been strange my whole life.  Female geeks are looked upon a bit differently! 

My motto is 'Why be Normal?'  :lol:  It's just too boring trying to fit in. 

Any Dr. Demento fans here?  I'm happy I live in a split-level head  :evil:

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 07:17:49 pm »
Hmmmm...I read somewhere,..."You must have faith that of a child".
 yep,...I ALWAYS ask myself "darn, john...When are you EVER gonna grow up?"
 I STILL get myself into the stupidest predicaments!.. As I mentioned earlier I get a kick out of seeing the UPS truck or FED EX truck coming up my driveway! I asked my son, who is 15 if he got worked up my seeing packages in the mail...Nope,...couldnt care less...
 Being wierd is pretty cooool man,....I didnt used to be like this, you know, friendly...I learned later in life that people like people who are nice and friendly, not hard and mean.
 I have all sorts of friends now..I'll tell people, when they ask why I hang out with or even know certain people. I just tell them,"I've prayed with saints and partied with sinners...Dont tell me who I should and shouldnt hang out with." They'll look at me funny but wont ask me the same question again.(There it is, JP...the"sheepish grin"!)
 Reinbeau....You GOT IT!!
Dr. Demento!!.....1976?? I used to here that when the first FM station came to Wichita Falls!
 Ok...lets all stick together..and be "DIFFERENT"!
Ok,...gotta go...I gotta go VOTE!!!
 Your friend,
john

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 05:44:20 pm »
I keep a 150 w/ africans. Almost exclusively aulonacara male peacocks w/ a huge seven banded frontosa we call "elvis!". The catfish is a synodontus brichardi for clean up purposes. love fishing too.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 07:29:08 pm »
Yeah, Konasdad!
  I think Headley needs to meet Elvis!
 I dont have many Africans..I got a pair of "electric yellows"
and a pair of blue cobalts. I have 4 lamprologus lelupi..(Lemon Cichlid) but my favorite aRE THE Daffodil Brichardi! They're VERY similar to the regular brichardi but the have yellow trim lines on the back fin and tail..Theres a pic of one on my blog.
I definitely dont have a place for a tank bigger than a 55...As I'm living in a doublewide anything bigger will probably go thru the floor!
 My friend, Thomas has a huge Frontosa like yours!..Thomas did kinda like me as a kid....Check this out!.....Thomas dad gave Thomas the use of a buliding for his tropica fish(mostly Africans) when he was a kid in the 70's.....His dad had tapped into the gas line so there would be heat out there..Anyways, the gas co. got wind of this and cut the gas off..I bet Thomas must have lost thousands of dollars worth of fish!...Thomas was only about 14 at that time.
 Thomas got to doing dope and stuff and lost the interest in fish..Then I ran into him about 3 years ago and he's clean now!...AND started back doing the fish again!..he came to my house that afternoon and we caught up on the past bunch of years and talked fish!..It was GREAT!
  I need to call him...Maybe he's ready for BEES now!

Naming fish,....wierd, huh?
Theres a guy out here in the forums that has named a bee of his "Harriet"!
  Cooool, huh?

your friend,
john

anything