Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from bayou country  (Read 2267 times)

Offline BEEMAN

• House Bee
Hello from bayou country
« on: February 27, 2007, 01:53:19 pm »
BEEMAN writes.
I live in Franklin, Louisiana which is in south central louisiana only a couple of miles from the gulf of mexico. There is only marsh between me and the gulf. I have only been keeping bees for about four years and have only eight hives at this time. I will be trying to increase my hives by making splits and raising my own queens this year. I find that beekeeping is relaxing to me even with the work involved. Would be interested in hearing from beeks from around this area.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: Hello from bayou country
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 04:14:39 pm »
Welcome aboard.
Memebers in Louisana.
   stingshurt: Louisiana / USA
   sue713: Louisiana
   debvmc1: South Louisiana
   JP: Louisiana
   scroller: louisiana
   Jack Parr: Lockport, LA
   Mr T-Bone: Piney Hill Country of North Louisiana
   BOB JEANSONNE: LOUISIANA
   Gena Miller: Iowa, Louisiana
   tigerfankk: Louisiana
   newcomber: Natchitoches Louisiana
   papabear: Crowley, LA.

No guarentees on who is active and who isn't.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 03:12:05 pm »
Beeman:

Welcome aboard and best luck (thanks Brendhan) with the ist of other members in your area. You will find though that MUCH of the US and even lots of the World have similar climates and similar issues so questions and concerns are often more common than you may think.

Glaad to have you and ALL THE NEW MEMBERS with us - It is always a pleasure to meet and get to know new people here in the World's Greatest Little Beekeeping Forum :)

Being ranked No.1 (humbly speaking of course) on Google and Yahoo really helps people find the forums, especially now that we have this dreaded CCD to deal with.

I wish you the best of Beekeeping in 2007 and beyond.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline BEEMAN

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 06:10:17 pm »
From BEEMAN

Queenbee - thanks for the list of Louisiana forum members. I will try to contact them when I get more time.

Beemaster - thanks for the welcome. I have only found this forum a short while ago but have learned many things in only a short time. I have gotten valuable information, hints, tips, and suggestions that I will be putting to good use this spring bee season. Keep up the good work.