Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hey Yall bee update  (Read 1767 times)

Offline shan

• New Bee
Hey Yall bee update
« on: July 24, 2008, 04:08:46 pm »
its been a long while, computer died and i was busy so i didnt replace it right away, when i did get it replaced i couldnt rember the names of the places i went to before :( ANYWAY if yall rember i got sold a hive of what could have been AHB bees and couldnt take the time for requeening (safty reasons with kids around these were bad bees and would attack anything that moved anywhere not even near the hive,) so i Bought a 5 frame nuc and fed them well and they over filled a 10 frame deep brood in no time so i put on a second deep and they filled it up with bees and brood so i put on a shallow super to give them somthing to do,:) so after a while i did a "walk away split" i took about 5 frames (out of 2 full deeps) and started second hive with a deep brood box, they have took off and are doing great, so all in all things are looking good, now i know i wont get any honey out of them this year and may have to feed anyway (i dont mind) but i wanted to go into winter with 2 hives and not one :) il get some pictures soon..ok il quit flapin now.....

PS: anybody have any other bee fourms they want to share with me??? ive lost all mine :( thanks
ask me about microwaving cats for fun and profit :) also Smileys

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hey Yall bee update
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 07:07:46 pm »
Shan, flap away and welcome back.  We love to hear people flappin', hee, hee.  Well.....are your bees any nicer yet?  Tell us more.  Have that most wonderfully awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline shan

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 07:40:44 pm »
Shan, flap away and welcome back.  We love to hear people flappin', hee, hee.  Well.....are your bees any nicer yet?  Tell us more.  Have that most wonderfully awesome day, Cindi

Oh these bees are great you can almost work them without gear on, but im chicken so i wear a veil to keep them off my face. i was stung 2-3 times in the eye and eye lid by a bumble bee when i was 7 or 8 and eye swelled shut for 4-5 days and even the side of my mouth closed up :( so i protect my face when it comes to anything with a stinger on it LOL have a good 1
ask me about microwaving cats for fun and profit :) also Smileys

Offline rast

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 08:35:15 pm »
 Veil is always a good thing, the hive that wanted to eat me alive on Mon. didn't even bat an eye at me tonight.
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

anything