Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from VA  (Read 2050 times)

Offline adkotahajesban

• New Bee
    • Facebook page
Greetings from VA
« on: August 21, 2013, 06:22:11 pm »
I have always been a honey bee fan, but now I am finally taking the steps towards owning my own hives.  I suppose my biggest obstacle has been my wife, because I have allergies to certain bee species.  I have finally convinced her that safety will my top priority and I believe she is on board with this decision!

I am eager to learn everything I can and have already joined my local bee keepers association.  I hope to hit this hobby with plenty of knowledge and some hands on experience prior to owning my first hives.  I believe honey bees are rapidly approaching a crisis situation in the United States and possibly around the world.  Our garden suffered from a lack of pollination for the first part of the blooming season.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Greetings from VA
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 06:35:02 pm »
First purchase.... EPI-PEN, and training to use it.  20 minutes can be the end of your life.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline adkotahajesban

• New Bee
    • Facebook page
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 09:35:31 pm »
Of course, I have two epi-pens.  I keep one in my vehicle and the other I keep in my back pack for hiking or numerous other out door activities.   :)

Offline RC

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 10:02:41 pm »
Welcome to the forum. Best one on the web.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 11:14:02 pm »
Welcome to the forum.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 02:13:38 am »
Welcome to the forum, adkotahajesban.  I am with iddee, you will need those pens.  I am just a little allergic, I don't get stung a lot but a few times a year.  When I bought my first hives, was stung twice before I got them loaded.  I love my bees and they are very addictive.  Good luck.

Joe

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 08:22:50 am »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 04:58:45 pm »
Welcome
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline TNBeeLady

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 08:47:37 pm »
Welcome!