Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Candied Honey  (Read 2119 times)

Offline SlickMick

• Field Bee
Candied Honey
« on: October 06, 2010, 07:22:39 am »
Unfortunately I have quite a bit of honey.. about 60 litres that has candied.

What I would like to know is, is there a way (the easier the better) of re-liquifying it.. what gear would I need?

Slicko

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Candied Honey
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 08:52:30 am »
I use black buckets set in the sun for a day or two.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 02:43:06 pm »
I put the buckets in the attic.   Warms up nice there on warmer days.

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 05:52:06 pm »
I like the attic idea.  But boy howdy are you going to have trouble if you drop it while carring it up the ladder or it falls over/leaks up there.  I put individual bears and jars on the dashboard of my car with great results.  During winter when the temp stays low though I got a chest freezer (free off Craigs List), a thermostat, and a couple light sockets and bulbs.  http://www.honeyrunapiaries.com/16.39.0.0.1.0.phtml.  The thermostat was by far the most expensive ($60) but if you've got the space it's really nice to have.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline SlickMick

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 05:55:03 pm »
What temperature do you set the thermostat for?

Slicko

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 05:56:37 pm »
With the attic, I have full steps going up stairs with a bonus room to the left and full open attic to the right at the top.    :-D
It does work good on the honey.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 06:01:03 pm »
80 degrees F with move crystallized honey for bottling.   120 degrees F will liquefy it.

Offline SlickMick

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 10:02:41 pm »
I put a couple of 1kg glass jars into a black tub yesterday that I use to recover my comb in. Glass on top and by the end of the day I had 7/8 of the jars nicely liquid, the rest partially crystalised on the bottom. When the sun comes out again I will repeat the process to see if I can clarify the rest

Mick

anything