Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Top Bar Hive Feeder  (Read 2920 times)

Offline Hoosier

• New Bee
Top Bar Hive Feeder
« on: April 10, 2012, 02:58:30 pm »
Here's my new feeder.  You'll quickly surmise that it's my first time using my new camcorder.  :)
http://youtu.be/o6XeEuxamKY

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Top Bar Hive Feeder
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 03:54:00 pm »
Good video.    If you are worried about the shaky cam, they have lots of video stabilization programs out there to smooth it out.    I really like the way you set up the feeders on the TB hives.   I do not us those feeders any more because I have sugar ants real bad here and they were getting most of the feed.   I also had lots of SHB hiding around in them.   But they are easy to use feeders.   Good set up there.   

Offline Hoosier

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 10:44:17 am »
Here's my new feeder.  You'll quickly surmise that it's my first time using my new camcorder.  :)
http://youtu.be/o6XeEuxamKY

"The best laid plans of mice and men go oft' awry."
I installed the two 3# packages of bees two days ago.  I checked both feeders yesterday; there were over one hundred drowned and/or half dead bees floating in the sugar water.  The bees were able to get under the white covers some way.  I removed the white covers and put a handful of straw into the sugar water.  I looked this morning, and there were still a few drowned bees, but only a few; others were walking on the straw and taking sugar water.  After things settle down in a couple of days, I'm going to remove the straw and put in wooden sticks instead or with some straw.  It's working now, but I sure hated losing those first bees just to learn what not to do.

Offline Hoosier

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 01:42:10 am »
I deleted the video from YouTube. I'll make another one later.