Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: General Bee Installation question  (Read 4944 times)

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: General Bee Installation question
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 10:27:41 am »
To sit and watch something die when you could keep it alive and healthy ain't no smarter.

It is a whole lot smarter if it weeds out the weak and propagates a stronger spiecies that doesn't need chemicals.  It appears that plan is working for some people.  It is a short term mindset vs. a long term minndset.  Feel better Kathy, I didn't say "corporate"?
What is your take on shaking bees at the end of the season instead of wintering over?  They stupid too?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 10:51:23 am »
No, it isn't. If you don't treat until it's necessary, then only what is necessary to keep them alive, you give them the longevity to build resistance. If you let them all die, resistance is seldom accomplished. Resistance usually takes more than one generation. 

""What is your take on shaking bees at the end of the season instead of wintering over?  They stupid too?""

Human self-preservation varies with each individual. What a man does to make the best living he can make varies also. For me, in NC, shaking would be non-profitable. For him, in northern Ohio, he must be doing what's best. He's still in business and I suppose eating regularly.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2011, 11:08:54 am »
then only what is necessary to keep them alive, you give them the longevity to build resistance.

Your believe is twisted.  The opposite occurs.  It is occurring at an alarming rate in humans right now.  The whole sterile "kills germs" habit is making a weaker human race because our resistance to germs has and is decreasing.  This is a very serious problem that will take its affect latter on in life.  We may find ourselves trying to explain HCD, Human collapse disorder.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 12:16:15 pm »
Let's you and I just agree to ignore each other's posting. You sound like a 15 year old that knows how the world should be ran, but can't make their own spending money.

BYE.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2011, 12:45:42 pm »
Let's you and I just agree to ignore each other's posting. You sound like a 15 year old that knows how the world should be ran, but can't make their own spending money.

BYE.

I will agree to disagree with your concepts that I feel are incorrect regardless of how many insults you throw my way.  I am far from 15 years old and I have been working for money since I was 7.  If my father believed in an allowance which he didn't it would have meant a hardship for the rest of the family for him to part with any of his income to favor me.  We were a family of nine, one grandmother, two parents and six kids.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 03:10:58 pm »
Well, you do what you want. This will be my last reply to you. I am tired of saying the answer is 6 and being told I am wrong, the answer is a half dozen. Especially when you seem to be serious and don't see the resemblance.

*Shel Silverstein*