Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I lost my one and only hive  (Read 5862 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: I lost my one and only hive
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2007, 05:29:11 am »
The Art of doing a forum like ours is KEEPING IT REAL! Keeping my lone colony loss might have gone unnoticed, and as a new package arrived I could have started photos and film shots. But in order for us to all grow, we need to share the good and bad. I'm hopeful that much good will come once we finally break the cold spell which may be happening here  now - we are getting temps in the 50s finally in the day, this could be the beginning of Spring.

I'm really looking forward to doing video that I'll have hosted at Youtube.com so that many more people can watch. It is nice having the technology, di-def digital camcorder, spankin' new laptop with wereless connection to the net. Making rough cut films and editing them down to 4 or 5 minute clips really can easy a production studio look - especially audio and musuc dubbing in shorts are nice touches.

So, I'm looking forward to a nuc or swarm to get going, of course go package again, but hoping a bit different this time - just to say I've tried something new.

Times are tough for beekeepers, we have our hands full and I surely hope that the commecrcial end of the busniess goes better than the typical home spun backyard beekeeper has been going. I'll be starting a MULTI-POLL soon, asking what percentage loss you have had and what you suspect the cause of death. You will have many choices, so don't think it is a narrow pool - our polling system allows for many answers and produces very accurate results.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: I lost my one and only hive
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2007, 11:21:03 am »
John Yeah, do the poll, it would be interesting to see what happened where.  Greatest of days.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything