Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Keeping honeybees in a greenhouse?  (Read 38279 times)

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Keeping honeybees in a greenhouse?
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2005, 10:56:41 pm »
What are there honey pouches made of? bye :)
Ryan Horn

Offline thegolfpsycho

• Field Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2005, 11:13:48 pm »
I'm not really sure, might have been fibrous plant material, or possibly, the hide they had peeled off previous intruders!!  bahahahahahaha

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2005, 11:16:45 pm »
LOL, they scalp there competitors hides, lol
Ryan Horn

Offline cstratton

• Brood
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2005, 10:31:10 pm »
Quote from: JamesWard

Bumble Bees -
Beneficial Resources Inc., P.O. Box 327, Danville, Pennsylvania 17821   Telephone: (800) 268-4377, Fax: (717) 271-1187, Retail and wholesale. Exclusive distributor of Biobest® beneficials and bumble bees.

Likely, you found that address didn't work too well.  If you're still interested in bumblebees, dew drop a line.  I no longer sell them, but can re-direct you.

Chris

Offline Apis629

• Field Bee
    • A Hobbyist's Beekeeping Adventures
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2005, 10:09:44 pm »
I think having bumblebees would be neat though - our wild ones here love watching people, go about doing their business and enjoy living in my fence posts. They are like little teddy bears with wings lol.

Hey Beemaster,
          Are you sure you're not thinking of carpander bees?  Bummble bees nest underground or in piles of grass.  Carpander bees look like bummble bees but, have no hair on the surface of their abdomens.  Just a heads up :wink: .

Offline bill

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2005, 12:40:12 pm »
would it be possible to put the hive in the greenhouse with an outside entrance solely for the purpose wintering or is it possible to orient them where there is a window to get outside through the greenhouse so they are not exclusively pollinating the green house and get some benifit? It also occurs to me that a cheaply constructed hoop house put around a weak hive might get it through the wintermaybe with an escape where the weather is variable. Just trying to think outside the box. :)
billiet