Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Indiana  (Read 2548 times)

Offline Indiana Dave

• New Bee
  • Covered Bridge Honey Farm
Hello from Indiana
« on: March 05, 2012, 07:09:05 am »
Hello!
New member here from Indiana.  Somewhat new to beekeeping with only 3 years under my belt.  I have 4 hives coming out of winter with 2 nucs of bees ordered and plans to split my 2 stronger hives.  Hoping to go into winter with 12 hives this year.  I really enjoy building my own equipment and I am amazed at all the plans and videos on this forum.  I am currently building a bee vac based on Robo's and G3 Farms' plans, and just finished up 4 more nucs.  Any other Indiana keeps on here?
Dave Cruser
Rockville, Indiana

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
Re: Hello from Indiana
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 07:56:11 am »
Hello and Welcome!

Rockville - are you involved with the Sugar Creek club over there? Lots of great beeks in that club. I'm over in Brown County.

If you haven't already, mark June 23rd on your calendar - it's the State Assn summer meeting at Purdue. It's always one of my favorite meetings - we set a big tent up right in the middle of the bee yards, and have a lot of hands-on sessions in the hives.

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 08:23:57 am »
Welcome to the forum!

Offline Indiana Dave

• New Bee
  • Covered Bridge Honey Farm
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 08:50:49 am »
Hello and Welcome!

Rockville - are you involved with the Sugar Creek club over there? Lots of great beeks in that club. I'm over in Brown County.

If you haven't already, mark June 23rd on your calendar - it's the State Assn summer meeting at Purdue. It's always one of my favorite meetings - we set a big tent up right in the middle of the bee yards, and have a lot of hands-on sessions in the hives.
Yes, I live across US 41 from Pam and Steve Hauser with the Sugar Creek Club.  Good folks in that club.  Is Tom Turpin still involved with bees at Purdue?  Took a honeybee class he taught at Purdue during my senior year in '94.  He's a great guy.  Sounds like a good time.  I am a member of the IBA but not the ISBA, yet.  Might be a good opportunity to meet folks from that club. 
Dave Cruser
Rockville, Indiana

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 08:41:50 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 09:05:47 pm »
Glad you found us!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline beyondthesidewalks

• House Bee
  • I need a shave
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 10:08:51 pm »
New to Beemaster myself.  Friendly and helpful group of people here.  Hope you enjoy it.

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 08:24:11 am »
Welcome to the site!

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 12:42:18 pm »
Welcome to the site! Larry