Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from Northern California  (Read 2639 times)

Offline Darlene

• New Bee
Greetings from Northern California
« on: February 07, 2006, 11:44:48 pm »
Hello All,

I just started keeping bees in June of 2005 so I'm still in my first year  - Yikes!  I've wanted to keep bees ever since I was in elemetary school - don't know why, they just have always facinated me.  I have two hives that were started with package bees.  I am happy to report they seem to be surviving winter.  Although, I must admit this winter has been milder than most.  

Anyway, I was pretty lax about what I was doing for the first seven months and my attempts at record keeping failed miserably.  Mostly I just loved to sit next to my hives and watch my ladies go about their business.   So, here I am, ready to learn and become more knowledgable about beekeeping practices so I can take better care of them in 2006.

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and experiences!

Offline Valarie

• New Bee
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 03:42:42 pm »
Hi all!
 I have just ordered my first package of bees and am building hives. I moved from Quincy/ Greenville about 4 yrs ago and I'm now in Marysville.
I have no experience whatsoever in beekeeping, but I have been fascinated for a long time and keeping bees just really seems to fit in our lifestyle, I love gardening, cooking, soap and candlemaking, getting back to nature, etc. I have just joined a great class through the Nevada County's beekeepers assoc. They're a great group and I'm learning lots! This looks like a great forum with lots of good advice for a new-bee like me!
Peace, Love, & Sunshine!

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 10:29:35 am »
Welcome to both of you, if you have any questions feel free to ask, there are alot of people in here that can help you....
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic