Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Today Ladies & Gents  (Read 2671 times)

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
Today Ladies & Gents
« on: April 29, 2007, 12:45:00 am »
Very productive day here I must say.  In preparation for the bees, I traveled into town and picked up my order of 'Grevillea Canberra Gem, Grevillea Victoriacae-Murray River Queen, Salvia Chamaedryoides-Germander Sage' and put them along a fence to help hide view of the hive...Plus, the Grevillea is almost a constant bloomer around here ( we have moderate climate )...I also put in a Salvia Gauranitica...great day, sun shining all is gorgoeus...Tomorrow we will make an elevated foundation for the hive...yay

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Today Ladies & Gents
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 11:30:39 am »
Sharon, WOW, what a mouthful of words.  Do your new plants have any common names that I might identify them in my mind by?  They sound like they are climbers?  Tall plants?  I bet they will look beautiful when they are flowering.  Good for you!!!

I planted a new plant from seed in my greenhouse this year.  It is called the Chilean Glory Vine.  I have no clue what it does, but my brother-in-law (who is from Chile), said that it grows everywhere down in his country, and that it is really beautiful.  I can't wait!!!!  I need to find out if seed can be taken from it at end of summer, or if I must overwinter one in the house and take cuttings next spring.

I took over 32 cuttings from my Anise Hyssop a while back and they are setting root like crazy.   In about another week I'll set them outside.

It is interesting, the cuttings I took from the mother plant last year are growing much much better than the mother plant is presently now.  It makes me believe that Hyssop probably likes to be divided.  So, next spring I will divide all of them.  There is no doubt in my mind about this one.  The bees go absolutely nuts on the Hyssop, and I love the fragrance of the leaves and flowers, so pretty.  Have a wonderful day, great life and health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 11:48:33 am »
Oh Hi Cindi...

I have only one hyssop, love the aroma when I brush up against it...no cuttings from it yey...I have made many lavender cuttings though, and perhaps today Iwill make some cuttings from the many Rosemary tha grow around here...

As always thanks for your kind wishes...same to you~*~

Shar

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 11:55:41 am »
Sharon, beautiful, Rosemary, lovely stuff.  My sister planted a couple plants of Chamomile that she seeded last year.  What a plant, pretty, but I don't think I have ever experienced one that self-seeds so prolifically.   I weeded out all the matts of seedlings about 2 weeks ago and there are still thousands coming up.  I don't want them where they are growing, we have a spot where there is enough Chamomile to drink our way to heaven and back, 10 million times.  So, I keep pulling them out, cursing the day that she put them in  :evil:  Have a wonderful day, great life and excellent health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything