Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: when to add a second super? did i do it right?  (Read 1384 times)

Offline adamant

• House Bee
when to add a second super? did i do it right?
« on: May 09, 2012, 07:14:25 am »
i have two 10 frame deep brood boxes and a medium honey super on top that is a 9 frame and 6 or so are full of capped honey except the two outer frames that are not fully drawn ed out yet. i added another 9 frame medium on top Sunday (plastic cells-and  frames).. question is :was my timing right?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: when to add a second super? did i do it right?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 07:59:48 am »
Sounds like you did just fine!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Nate

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 08:56:02 am »
Nothing wrong with that.  Gives them plenty of room to expand, especially if you have good population size and a flow on.

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 12:59:51 pm »
Normally I wait until they are 80 - 85% drawn out. This year nothing is normal so I would say to you 'way to go'.   -Mike
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 09:53:55 am »
The only thing I might have done differently was to place the two undrawn frames in the middle and then added the second super-but nothing wrong with what you did.