Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Love is in the air.....?  (Read 10008 times)

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
Re: Love is in the air.....?
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 11:10:11 pm »
Cindi, it must be like your sentence thing today, on my computer the picture wasn't there, then it said it was a bad link..it finally worked on the last one for me here....weird!!  OOOeeeeeeOOOO! I'd say it was a little over a week old, was making those cute begging sounds at me & not trying to get away like they do when older.  Earl was NOT amused at me putting human cooties all over his offspring!  He is such a good Daddy! J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 11:16:11 pm »
Jody, I'm missing something here.  Look at the picture on your post.  That picture of the big bird sitting in that bowl.  That is the baby?  Or is the baby below that big bird?  I can't believe that a week old baby could look so big  :? :? :?  Beautiful day in this great life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 02:43:10 am »
Jody, I'm missing something here.  Look at the picture on your post.  That picture of the big bird sitting in that bowl.  That is the baby?  Or is the baby below that big bird?  I can't believe that a week old baby could look so big  :? :? :?  Beautiful day in this great life.  Cindi

The Blue bar hen in the nest is one of the one's I gave her.  The Dark check Male with the droopy wing is Earl.  The baby is the one she's holding in her hand just above the nest, looks to be about 5 days old in the picture.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 12:39:22 pm »
OK, mystery solved.  I didn't look at Jody's picassa album, just the single picture that she put in the first couple of posts.  That is one ugileeeee little baby, sorry, just had to say that, it is like the ugly duckling, so ugly when young, but oh such a beautiful bird when it matures.  The mother is absolutely drop dead gorgeous (and yes, I can describe a bird like that, cause it's true).  Great pictures, Jody, have that wonderful and beautiful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 02:09:55 pm »
That was just weird last night with the pics..it kept telling me something about transparent & wouldn't show on the post on this end.  Another mystery of the computer. The pic of  Bree the hen is her sitting on the eggs, Earl is protecting them & the baby is in my hand there.  It is cuter now that the eyes are open & growing into the beak..when closed they are uglier if that's possible!  I can't wait to see how the color pattern turns out.  With the other hen, they always had very dark bodies, white heads, flight feathers & rumps. J

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 08:33:40 pm »
That was just weird last night with the pics..it kept telling me something about transparent & wouldn't show on the post on this end.  Another mystery of the computer. The pic of  Bree the hen is her sitting on the eggs, Earl is protecting them & the baby is in my hand there.  It is cuter now that the eyes are open & growing into the beak..when closed they are uglier if that's possible!  I can't wait to see how the color pattern turns out.  With the other hen, they always had very dark bodies, white heads, flight feathers & rumps. J

Sounds as if you should get a dark check with white flights and tail feathers.  The hens side of the family runs strong to white flights and tail feathers and if Earl's offspring has too, the it's almost a surity.  If you get one with a white head along with the white flights and tail feathers it is called an Eagle.  If just patches of white on the head and neck (with or without wing and tail feathers) it is called a Splash.  The hens family also runs to throwing silvers a lot so don't be surprised if you find an occassional silverish bird with red bars.  A Blue bar, like the hen, with a lot of white on head and neck is called a Pied.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2009, 12:54:17 am »
I just added a couple of new pics to the album link in an earlier post.  Bree wingslaps too when I grab her baby!  Doesn't bruise like Earl tho..He waits on top of the nest box to peck @ my hair....J

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 11:11:08 pm »
Jody, looked at the new pics in the album, nice.  Have a great, most awesome day, Cindi

anything