Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My beautiful Beechnut tree with the autumn glow  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
My beautiful Beechnut tree with the autumn glow
« on: November 05, 2007, 09:35:34 am »
This Beechnut tree is my pride and joy.  During the summertime it provides dense shade, as we relax around the pool, sipping cool drinks (or maybe sometimes guzzling, hee hee).  It can be the hottest of summer days, and still, beneath the canopy of this tree, the air remains cool.

It is host to many insects, good and not so bad, and birds -- we always have several Robins that have their little homes deep in the branches and twigs, you can see them coming and going.  The white fly also loves this tree, high above, and this promotes the breeding of ladybugs.  Their larvae that scramble around the limbs (and also on the benches below), eat more than 50 times more than the adult ladybeetle, and they love the whitefly I am sure.  If you have not ever seen the larvae of the ladybug, it is not even close to what the adult looks, it looks kind of like a black and orange alligator, so weird and so cute.

Just a pretty picture.  These leaves are really neat to clean up in the fall, they are slipppery and flat and rake up beautifully.

I wonder if my young Nephew, Dallan, will make more pretty pictures in the leaves this year, maybe he needs a little nudge from his Auntie.   He is one of the more sensitive of my Nephews, and will make a wonderful Husband one day, he will ensure his wife has all the love that a man can give, and know how to show her his appreciation of her -- he will be the dude picking the wildflowers along the roadside (and maybe even raiding a garden or two at night to bring her a rose).   Have a wonderful and beautiful day in this great life.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: My beautiful Beechnut tree with the autumn glow
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 10:56:13 am »
that's a great picture.  one you should enter in the calender contest!  also like the one with the husband and pumpkin.  that would have been good for October  :-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 10:58:43 am »
Kathy, good idea!!! Wish I could get rid of the riff raff in the picture though, I don't think the empty greenhouse does much justice to the beauty of the birch.  Maybe I'll try one from a different angle today and see what I get.  We have the sunshine comin' on and it would make some beautiful picture taken looking from the west to the east of the tree this early evening, we'll see what we can get.  It is a pretty tree for sure.  Best of this wonderful and great day in this life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 10:00:58 pm »
Copper beeches are wonderful trees, lucky you!  :)