Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Washing my bee gloves?  (Read 3893 times)

Offline jeremy_c

• House Bee
Washing my bee gloves?
« on: July 24, 2009, 03:23:19 pm »
I am curious. I have gloves made for bee keeping. They are a soft leather hand with a canvas type sleeve that goes 3/4 the way up my arm. After doing this cut out and handling the comb w/honey oozing from it, my gloves are a mess! Is there any way to get them back to something usable not just a sticky mess?

Jeremy
Bee section of my blog: http://jeremy.lifewithchrist.org/category/bee-keeping.html ... has stories, pictures and videos of a new beekeeper.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Washing my bee gloves?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 03:25:34 pm »
i put mine on and wash them with some murphys oil soap.  when they are almost dry, i use some leather conditioner on them.  they line dry fine.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline John Schwartz

• House Bee
    • The Bee Farm
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 03:30:25 pm »
i put mine on and wash them with some murphys oil soap.  when they are almost dry, i use some leather conditioner on them.  they line dry fine.

Good idea, Kathy!
―John Schwartz, theBee.Farm

Offline oldenglish

• House Bee
    • Colonial Honey Farm
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 03:41:09 pm »
My gloves are the Bucko goat skin ones and to clean them I just put them on, wash my hands with soap under hot water then hang them up to dry.
They get a little stiff once dry but just crumple them up a few times before putting them on and they are as good as new.

Offline NasalSponge

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 07:38:08 pm »
I purchased my nucs from the owner of Bucko gloves...good guy.