Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Great Progress Dallas [Funny!]  (Read 12969 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Great Progress Dallas [Funny!]
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2008, 11:55:25 am »
 In all seriousness, does this phenomenon really occur?  I need to hear more about this, this kind of stuff triggers that fascination that comes from the very depths of my soul, and certain things I find so intriguing that I can't stand it!!!  Tell more about it.

And if any other forum friends have stuff to add to this intriguing thing, tell the stories, I need to know!!!!  Have the most beautiful and awesome day, lovin' this great life we're livin'!!!!!  Cindi
[/quote]

Cindi, why would I rent a 38' boom lift on March 3, and wait from 6am until almost dark way the heck up there if this didn't exist?

....JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2008, 12:05:42 pm »
JP, not sure about that one, I always thought you were a little crazeeeee in the head....beautiful day, love life, groove on this life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2008, 12:09:45 pm »
march 3rd?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2008, 12:13:05 pm »
march 3rd?

Yes, March 3, 2007. In two days you bet I'll be right back in that same tree, have had the bucket lift reserved since last week. The rental place knows by now to reserve the lift for me, cause I've been picking it up for the last 4 yrs or so.

....JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline NWIN Beekeeper

• Professional Beekeeper
  • House Bee
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2008, 12:28:42 pm »
[every yr this same tree catches swarms on March 3. I waited from 6am until right before dark for the tree to turn, which it eventually did, but we didn't have enough light for any proper footage.]

In my area it seems to correlate to the bloom of cedars.
They almost look alien with their goopy red ooze.
My wife was ready to call the extension office thinking they were 'sick'.

I bet every area has one variety of tree that is a tell tale sign.

-Jeff
There is nothing new under the sun. Only your perspective changes to see it anew.

Offline Cass Cohenour

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2008, 12:55:04 pm »
These guys in the this video wait until the first of June before they sit from dusk to dawn waiting for swarms. I wonder what tree they have in their area that gives them the tell-tale signs of swarming.

http://www.iwf.de/iwf/do/mkat/details.aspx?GUID=544D412D0000000000000000000000002CF44C86F1E8520EFC0000000C1A53B7&Action=Schnell&SearchStr=beekeeping

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2008, 01:22:02 pm »
Holy smoking smoke, batmen!!!  Now this is becoming the most intriguing thread that I have ever seen......wow!!!!

JP, remember it is a leap year, I think that you will have to go out on March 4, so hold onto your socks!!!  Hee, hee.   Have a most wonderful and beautiful day, I am picturing you waiting all day long on March 3, but the bees coming on March 4, eeks!!!  Beautiful life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2008, 03:00:24 pm »
Yes Cindi, but will the bees know its leap yr?

....JP

anything