Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: drawn frames ??  (Read 3450 times)

Offline gmcharlie

• House Bee
drawn frames ??
« on: February 21, 2009, 10:27:53 am »
I am looking for some standard deep frames that are already drawn.  If you happen to have any extras  let me know.   trying to establish a bunch of nucs and give them already drawn frames so they can focus on other things.

Offline MustbeeNuts

• Field Bee
    • Great White Betta
Re: drawn frames ??
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 11:28:49 am »
I have a deep full of drawn comb. I am not sure what the foundation is, it could be that plastic, or its duragilt. not sure. If your interested PM me.
I think a couple aren't up to using, bad spot on it that they won't build on. but several are just fine.
Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.

Offline gmcharlie

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 04:18:17 pm »
Okay,  not sure how to contact you   The only link I see is on your profile and it says email hidden....  (okay I can work bees but websites are something else)

Charlie
gm_Charlie@verizon.net

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 04:47:05 pm »
Okay,  not sure how to contact you   The only link I see is on your profile and it says email hidden....  (okay I can work bees but websites are something else)

Charlie
gm_Charlie@verizon.net

Okay,when you click on his profile there are boxes to the left .At the bottom box is actions. Click on Send personal message.This is your forum PM method(Private Message). Be sure to click send maessage at the bottom of page where you type the message.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 04:47:54 pm »
You can buy HSC (Honey Super Cell) - fully drawn 4.9 frames, and instantly regress them at the same time.

www.honeysupercell.com
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline gmcharlie

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 05:12:51 pm »
never heard of these before..  is this an all plastic frame or wax??  and set up for 9 or 10 frame supers?

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 05:26:11 pm »
They are standard sized, fully drawn plastic frames, so you can 9 or 10, though I would recommend 10.

Just a word of warning on buying drawn frames. Most beekeepers aren't willing to part with their good drawn frames,  so be careful you don't get old and or contaminated frames, as it could set your bees back more than giving them foundation.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison