Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: trapout  (Read 1227 times)

Offline tincan

• House Bee
trapout
« on: July 30, 2012, 04:24:49 pm »
can I take  weak hive with 500 bees and laying queen and use on trapout dont have any eggs ,brood to spare , but lots of bees in wall but has to be trapout cant do cut out . thanks

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: trapout
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 04:40:30 pm »
It will work fine.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 04:41:47 pm »
Yes, but you do run the risk of loosing the queen if the new field workers don't like her and there aren't enough "native" bees to defend her.  She may not be real good if she's only got 500 bees with her so this could be a great way to find out.  I'd be more concerned about SHB's getting into the trapped out hive in the wall and making an absolute mess though.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline tincan

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 04:59:22 pm »
I think hive in wall is real strong 1 1/2 inch hole 60 bees in and out every minute  its chicago at rush hour I dont have to take whole hive out all at once but I sure would like to boost small hive . it was small swarm that was given to me and not enough bees to cover brood so there struggling I should have pinched queen and added them to another hive but im new at this and didnt know, I need a few more years experiece but Ill learn hard way with help from all of you thanks.

Offline yockey5

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 05:47:57 pm »
Small swarm = secondary swarm = new young queen. I sure hope she makes it, as you may have a winner.

Offline tincan

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 06:52:26 pm »
I now have 60 a minute going in hive I hope it works out Ill check in couple hours only next door. About 5 minutes and the march was on in new home so much for lolalty to the queen. thanks everybody Ill keep you posted

anything