Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: loading pod casts on my droid phone  (Read 6314 times)

Offline adamant

• House Bee
loading pod casts on my droid phone
« on: February 03, 2013, 10:40:53 pm »
how can i start utilizing my phone to listen to pod casts?

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: loading pod casts on my droid phone
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 07:35:27 am »
You will need to get the podcast app on your phone. I go to itunes and find the shows I want to listen to and have them downloaded to my ipod.Then listen at my leisure.I am not sure of the process with the droid phone,but you should be able to do everything through the app.You may need an apple ID but thats free.

Offline reefhugger

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 07:48:54 am »
I also have a droid.  There are two ways  to listen on a smart phone:  streaming directly to the phone, or as buzzbee mentioned, downloading the podcasts to a computer then transferring the podcasts to the smartphone and playing them as you wish. 
Streaming can be done with free apps like Stitcher  (my fav) or others.  Its pretty easy to set up, and you can add podcasts to a Favorites Station to automatically update.  It plays podcasts as well as internet radio stations etc.  Keep in mind that this may use up data minutes, so think about what kind of plan you have.    The other way is to use something like iTunes to download to podcasts to a computer then just transfer the files to your phone via wireless or wire and play them as you wander around in your yard.
Two excellent sources  for android software are Google Play and Amazon.  There are a billion free and low cost apps.  Hope this helps.   

Offline nietssemaj

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 07:10:16 pm »
iTunes Podcast player for Android

Nice app. Supports streaming or downloading.

anything