Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Video Produced by the OBA 'Ontario Beekeeping Association'  (Read 2616 times)

Offline fshrgy99

• House Bee
New Video Produced by the OBA 'Ontario Beekeeping Association'
« on: November 27, 2013, 06:17:44 pm »
"A beekeeper and an industry under threat"

A beekeeper and an industry under threat

Offline SamboRoberts

• New Bee
Re: New Video Produced by the OBA 'Ontario Beekeeping Association'
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 04:20:48 am »
Thanks for sharing. I'm a new beek and I know that in my immediate area, there's no intensive farming going on and even further afield, certainly within the range of my bees, there's no monoculture taking place, either.

There's an advantage to living in the bush.

Offline capt44

• Field Bee
  • If it don't work I'll always think it should have
    • RV BEES
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 10:20:33 pm »
I am in Central Arkansas here in the USA.
In the delta region we have the same problem a lot of GMO seed being planted.
The bees seem to do alright until around February or March coming out of winter.
That's when the bees seem to be the weakest.
In February we check the feed, give sugar syrup and protein patties.
But the very small amounts of the chemicals are there and take their tolls on the bees.
We have the same problem here.
When the EPA wants test results they get the results from the very manufacture of the chemicals instead of doing the test themselves.
Money is the name of the game and the chemical companies have it.
Good Luck.
Richard Vardaman (capt44)

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 04:13:33 pm »
1:25 - 1:32  Where is the proof that neonics are killing his bees?

Without any supporting scientifically repeatable documentation his is merely propaganda that would make Joseph Goebbels blush.  It appears proving the claim is no longer of concern.  Now it's about changing peoples minds with unsubstantiated claims and innuendos.  Does no one find it odd that he's talking about neonics causing all of these failures as he's dribbling AO into the hives?

Sambo, no worry.  Neonics haven't been an issue in Australia.  Namely because the hive failures have not been the same there, though Neonics are plenty used there.  What's not there are the Varroa mites.  That's exactly why no one can actually find the smoking gun that proves neonics are the all encompassing evil many claim they are. 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 04:31:22 pm by D Coates »
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 07:58:41 pm »
As a new beek I'm required to do a lot of reading just to get the big picture and then try to put the puzzle parts together.

I remember someone rebutting the modern CCD theories with a very good point(s). First it has been happening for a couple hundred years or more, and it has happened all over the world under different circumstances/environments. None the less, I will keep the different poisons in the back of my mind just to be fair to my persuasion.

Thanks for the debates to all of you.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline fshrgy99

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 07:04:37 pm »
There's lots of proof but still many who refuse to admit it. Funny how having a vested interest will sway your opinion. I remember Rothmans in the 1970's whining that there was no scientific proof that smoking caused cancer. At the end of the day there were huge lawsuits when it was discovered that they knew better all along. Last year the producers of Neonicitinoids were successful in obtaining government protection from lawsuits .... smart.

And according to coatsy I'm pushing a 'nazi' propaganda campaign. Shame on you.

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 10:31:06 am »
There's lots of proof but still many who refuse to admit it. Funny how having a vested interest will sway your opinion. I remember Rothmans in the 1970's whining that there was no scientific proof that smoking caused cancer. At the end of the day there were huge lawsuits when it was discovered that they knew better all along. Last year the producers of Neonicitinoids were successful in obtaining government protection from lawsuits .... smart.

Newsflash:  I said nothing of you.  I was talking about the film.  I accept your apology.

Joseph Goebbels was the father of propaganda.  The fact free video would have made him proud.   I want to see the truth and that video didn't go into any of it.  It was a "McNugget" of skewed information meant for the low information folks who don't even know he's dribbling OA in his hives or are wanting to see the scientific proof of the claim.

You claim so much proof... but no big successful lawsuits from environmentalists.  Sounds like the proof isn't in the pudding at this point.  Tobacco is one thing but I also remember the various groups with extreme claims of eggs (80's), apples and coffee (90's), red meat (00's) being awful for you that fizzled into nothing.  The proof of all the above products (including tobacco) came out and if the proof here exists I'm all for it coming out but... the proof of claim made here appears to be lacking.

Offline sterling

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 11:32:58 am »

Newsflash:  I said nothing of you.  I was talking about the film.  I accept your apology.

Joseph Goebbels was the father of propaganda.  The fact free video would have made him proud.   I want to see the truth and that video didn't go into any of it.  It was a "McNugget" of skewed information meant for the low information folks who don't even know he's dribbling OA in his hives or are wanting to see the scientific proof of the claim.

You claim so much proof... but no big successful lawsuits from environmentalists.  Sounds like the proof isn't in the pudding at this point.  Tobacco is one thing but I also remember the various groups with extreme claims of eggs (80's), apples and coffee (90's), red meat (00's) being awful for you that fizzled into nothing.  The proof of all the above products (including tobacco) came out and if the proof here exists I'm all for it coming out but... the proof of claim made here appears to be lacking.

The one you didn't mention was DDT. It was ban without any proof also {just a book and a bunch of activist} and millions of people world wide died because of the ban.

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 03:49:14 pm »
Excellent point.  Some countries (India for one) still use it regularly.  Their raptor species that should have died off a couple decades ago if the claim was true haven't disappeared.  Millions of people continue to die because of its ban in third world countries though.  The environmental activists "will sway your opinion", to accomplish their agenda, truth be darned.  Do I trust the chemical companies?  Only slightly more than the anti-big Ag activists.  I trust neither very much.

But, until I see scientifically repeatable proof of the neonic claims of the sky falling this is just another smear campaign.  
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 01:38:29 pm by D Coates »

Offline sterling

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 07:06:37 pm »
THE PIPER COMES THROUGH TOWN BLOWING HIS FLUTE AND EVERYBODY IS SUPOSSED TO FOLLOW HIM TO THE SEA. JUST BECAUSE HE IS GOOD AT BLOWING A FLUTE.
And that is what happenes in cases like this. Global warming,  Global cooling, Tree hugging, Spotted owls, ect.  I remember back in the seventies we were going to run out of water.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:17:41 pm by sterling »