Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What's Happened to Zunibee?  (Read 3543 times)

Offline acbs

• House Bee
What's Happened to Zunibee?
« on: July 21, 2007, 10:00:38 am »
Have tried to open Zunibee.com the past 3 days and have not been able to.  Is it just down temporarily?

Arvin
If I know how many hives I've got, I haven't got enough.
Unknown

Offline topbarslo

• New Bee
    • Public domain photos
Re: What's Happened to Zunibee?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 01:07:10 pm »
There is something wrong with their sql server or some mistake in programming ;)

I guess the admins will take care when they see this....

In the meeanwhile you can use google cache service !

http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache:jCMTlRMmfosJ:zunibee.com/+site:zunibee.com&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1

Offline ZuniBee

• House Bee
    • ZuniBeeFarms.com
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 11:44:32 am »
Update on Zunibee.com:

As a lot of you know, I have my own hosting service and even provide hosting for many on this forum. When I decided to produce Zunibee.com I outsourced development and paid a pretty penny for the software. The site was running on a developers server so they could continue development and tweak the software.

I should have moved the site to one of my servers but didn't really see it as something that had to be done right away. I never imagined that they wouldn't have a complete backup of the server. All of our servers are backed up completely to an offsite location so I didn't give it a second thought. To make a long story short, the server crashed and they had no back up. The bad news is the site was completely lost.

We had just got the software tweaked and I was planning the move to our servers. Now I have the software but all account data is gone. So, I am in the process of deciding if I want to start the site again. While the site had some users, it proved difficult to get people to add vidoes and participate with comments, etc.

I have already paid for the software development and am willing to pay for the bandwidth for the site... it is very important to me that I keep it non profit and advertisement free for the users. I guess I am just procrastinating. What does everyone think? Is it worth starting again or is You Tube sufficient?

Jay
ZuniBee

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 12:20:56 pm »
Jay, I am sorry to hear of this disaster.  I have not gone to your site (just no time), so I cannot comment on whether you should work to get it going again.  Have a wonderful day, good luck with your hard endeavours.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 12:35:52 pm »
Zunibee:

I still can't get a video too upload, it just gives me a COUNT UP CLOCK - I let a hundred meg go for 130 minutes without an upload complete - I wouldn't worry if I were anyone thinking of using Zunibee as a host for their site - his situation has nothing to do with the speed and frequency of "up time" without interruption is more important. Zuni says his up time is exellent and I know personally he replies to pms every day.

But what I was gonna say was, you forgot to mention that YOU were away visiting family, I know you have OTHER PEOPLE maintaining your server, but your main concern was visiting family, you could fix or deal with issues and the headaches of being limited by someone UPSTREAMS limitations.

I hope we can resolve the upload videos part - I swear I have everything right - may just a firewall is hanging up and not letting me through - just thought of that, I'll check :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline ZuniBee

• House Bee
    • ZuniBeeFarms.com
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 12:53:11 pm »
Thanks John. You are correct when you say it has nothing to do with our service. If the site were on my servers there would not have been a problem. My guys are there even when I am gone and for those that already have an account with me, down time is not something we have.

You know, since I have already paid for the software and have the server resources, I am going to set it back up on one of my servers with my sysadmins running it. We'll see if there is improvement.

I have been hosting for a long time and always tell people to backup their files. Even if you think your host backs up your files, take the time to keep one for your self as well.

Lesson for everyone - KEEP A BACK UP OF YOUR WEBSITE.   8-)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 12:55:36 pm »
I have not added any videos yet but intend to at some point in time.
I think it's a great thing your doing for members of the forum and hope you keep it going. But I would understand if you decided not to.
Thanks for the opportunity Jay!