Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: getting clearer pics?  (Read 2550 times)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
getting clearer pics?
« on: May 11, 2008, 05:34:49 pm »
 Ok,.....
 I have made a few slideshows with intros and music.
 I made DVDs so I can look at them on a 52" High-def screen.
 Unfortunately, the pics are not as sharp as I expected probably because the tv screen is so big. They view fine on a smaller screen.
 I have considered shooting pics with a different resolution(I think I can do this by using my camera settings options) but I will have to figure out how.....I'm not even sure if this will work though.
 I also considered if resizing would matter, you know, like when resizing before posting a pic?(which I fail to do most the time).
 Also, i'M USING A PROGRAM CALLED "cLICK TO dvd"....tHIS HAS AN OPTION To make a slide show in "High-Def", which I do click "ok".
 Well, Thats all I can think of.
Has anybody got any ideas how I can get a better pic for my TV?

your friend,
john

Offline Gabriel

• New Bee
Re: getting clearer pics?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 01:52:46 pm »
I have been a graphics artist for 10 years, and a photographer for 5.

Your pictures lost sharpness when you displayed the low resolution images on your high resolution television. Esentially you stretched the sharp resolution of your image, until it got a little fuzzy as your television "Made Up" what it thought your image should look at at that size.

Solution 1:

Shoot in Super High Resolution - 10-12 Megapixils. These pro cameras run for about $500 - $1,000 Like a Nikon D80, or Canon Rebel XTi. Then the TV wont have to guess, you give it a huge image, and it will be perfect like you expect.

Solution 2:

Import your images into Photoshop. Increase the resolution of the image to an even multiplier of height and width.  If your image is 500x200  Then make it 1000x400 or 1500x600  Just maintain the aspect ratio.

Don't just resize. You arent adding color information. You need to increase the resolution.  I think the path for the control is    Photoshop/Image/resolution

Be sure and click the chain to constrain proportions, and you should be able to increase it enough to do a vehicle wrap if you need.

Good Luck

Gabriel

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
Re: getting clearer pics?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 07:18:28 pm »
  Is my version of Photoshop elements(3.0) sufficient to do this?
 Oh yeh,..I opt for option 2...I dont want to buy a new camera.
thanks!
your friend,
john

anything