Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello to everyone - from the north bay area of California  (Read 1278 times)

Offline ChalkHill

• New Bee
Hello to everyone - from the north bay area of California
« on: May 07, 2014, 05:33:21 pm »
Hey!  I'm 31, and live in the wine counties region of northern California.  I became a beekeeper more due to serendipity than as a result of a conscious decision.  See, when a swarm appeared on my family's property in March, and hung around for two days right before the rains were to start, it was quickly decided that we should get a hive box and take advantage of the situation.  But now that they've taken to their hive, I am very excited about becoming a more knowledgeable and active beekeeper - which is a big part of the reason I'm here.  I have some questions, but I'll save those for the main forum. 

I have quite a lot of things I'm interested in, but some that are tangentially related to bees include gardening, natural foods, ecology, and well... biology in general.

Anyway, thanks to everyone running and helping out with this forum.  From what I've seen so far, it looks like a great resource. 

-t

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
Re: Hello to everyone - from the north bay area of California
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 08:12:00 am »
Welcome to the bee forum Chalkhill.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: Hello to everyone - from the north bay area of California
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 09:34:30 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Chalkhill.  When every you have a question, just post it.  You may want to join your local bee club also.  Good luck to you and your bees.

Joe