Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Mailorder Packages?  (Read 1673 times)

Offline patriotgirlie

• New Bee
Mailorder Packages?
« on: February 17, 2013, 11:38:54 am »
 I've decided that I want to start a hive of either Italian or Russian bees, but I need to order them through the mail (there isn't anywhere around here to pick them up) - I'm in Western Michigan...and I was curious if anyone knew of a reputable website or company that ships bees.  I'm really hoping to place an order soon, and any info I can get would be super helpful.

Thanks all, and have a great rest of your weekend!!!

Jamie

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
Re: Mailorder Packages?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 04:57:30 pm »
Personally I would choose italians or carniolans as I have heard too many people I respect express reservations about russian bees.  kellybees.com is a mail order bee outlet that I would trust if I couldn't find some yooper to sell me bees.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 05:22:37 pm »
Try to find a local bee club. You may be able to make a contact there that may be able to tell you of someone local with packages for sale.

Holland Area Beekeepers Assoc
Richard Leonard
Phone: 616-875-7642

Michiana Beekeepers Assoc
James Kendall
Phone: 574-261-5678
Email: bees2showu@aol.com

http://www.michiganbees.org/

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 09:25:31 pm »
I don't have a much experience, started with 3 hives. I bought a queen last spring that was a Cordovan/ Russian cross.  She has filled the hive with bees and they are gentle.  If when I check hives brood, if I need a queen I will probably get that cross again.  I am fairly new at this, just what I have seen from this one queen.  I like the yellow bees, they are a kind of Italian's I think.  Good luck

Joe

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 10:35:38 am »
girlie, what town are you from. There are a bunch of people that haul pkg bees to our state.

anything