Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: some bee pics  (Read 2960 times)

Offline bluegrass

• House Bee
some bee pics
« on: June 08, 2007, 09:29:40 pm »

Sugarbush Bees

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: some bee pics
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 12:18:32 am »
Nice pics.

Looks like it is going well.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline bluegrass

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 09:51:01 am »
This hive is doing great, had to add in some empty frames for them to drawl out......and another box...24 empty frames in four weeks is pretty good in my book:D
Sugarbush Bees

Offline super dave

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 08:39:58 am »
is that frist one a swarm --it looks huge
lets throw it in the air and see which  way it splatters

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 10:01:37 am »
Bluegrass, some very nice pictures.  It looks like your beesuit is very lightweight and probably pretty cool, bare hands!!!!  Yeah.  My bee suit is a heavy cotton and is quite warm.  Have a wonderful day, great life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline bluegrass

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 06:54:39 am »
The suit is a tyvek painter's suit, 6.00 at home depot. I use them several times and then throw them out.....I just washed one that I got covered in honey this week and it held up fine. They don't really breath so its not the coolest thing on the planet, but its cooler than most commercial bee suits. I find it hard to work in gloves and only use them when I have to ie. cutouts. That top pic is the only swarm call I have had so far this year. That pine tree is only about 6' tall so the swarm size is decieving. I would say it was about 2 lbs tops.
Sugarbush Bees