Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from South Carolina  (Read 2350 times)

Offline snmyork

• House Bee
Hello from South Carolina
« on: June 21, 2008, 10:27:54 am »
I just started beekeeping and lost my first two hives this past winter and spring. I live in CLover, SC and have a small farm with chickens goats and now two hives. I just purchased eight frames and two queens of Italian bees and they seem to doing well. I found this forum from Linda in Georgia as I read her blog and thought that it might be useful to me along with some local beekeepers. Thank you for allowing me to join.

snmyork 

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Hello from South Carolina
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 06:31:39 pm »
Welcome to beemaster!!! You will learn about bees here and other things, will have fun and meet interesting people, you will make some cyber friends for sure. Update your profile if you will and put in your location, this helps us answer questions pertaining to your specific area, thanks.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline eri

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 09:44:46 pm »
Clover, SC, sounds like a perfect place for bees. Welcome and good luck!
On Pleasure
Kahlil Gibran
And to both, bee and flower, the giving and the receiving of pleasure is a need and an ecstasy.
People of Orphalese, be in your pleasures like the flowers and the bees.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 10:56:36 am »
smyyork.  Welcome to our forum, this will be a place where you can spend time, ask your questions, tell us your stories and tales.  Sorry about hearing about your colony losses last winter.  Good luck, keep on working with those bees, maybe this will be a better year.  Have a wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline beekybuzzard

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 04:56:24 pm »
Just down the road from you in Lowrys about 20 minutes south of York. This is a great place to get that extra information. Good to see more SC beeks here.
With the help of the Lord I hope to be a good and faithful Shepard to all that He allows me to attend.

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 12:22:30 am »
SC state beekeeping meeting--- next Fri-Sat @ Clemson.
Check Here:

http://www.scstatebeekeepers.org/
John 3:16