Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Sunkist Codovans from Russell apairies.  (Read 1741 times)

Offline RangerBrad

• House Bee
Sunkist Codovans from Russell apairies.
« on: June 27, 2011, 04:07:08 pm »
Recieved my Sunkist Cordovans from Russell apairies yesterday. They were appx. 2 weeks later than originaly disscussed and I made several emails to Russells that were not responded to however, They did an excellent job of packaging them for shipment and I have to say I was acctually suprised that the queens and all the attendants arrived alive with the opprissive heat we have been experiencing, and they all seemed very healthy and vigirous. I kept them in my closet waiting for the evening cool to install them and I could acctually hear them buzzing as I entered the closet. I can not yet say how they will preform but am impressed with their packaged arrival and activity. Brad
If the only dog you can here in the hunt is yours, your probaly missing the best part of the chase.

Offline kingfisherfd2

• House Bee
Re: Sunkist Codovans from Russell apairies.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 05:04:04 pm »
Glad to see someone is getting these.  I hope that you will put some photos up of them.   

Offline RangerBrad

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 05:07:01 pm »
I apoligize, I didn't take any photos however, I was suprised because I was thinking they would be a very light color but they were not and appeared as an itialian looking bee. Brad
If the only dog you can here in the hunt is yours, your probaly missing the best part of the chase.

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 05:10:04 pm »
 I too would like to see them but also look forward to how well they do for you
I hope they are stellar,if so!! It may cause this cheap guy too
buy a couple  :-D

Tommyt
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 06:08:35 pm »
Most likely the only Cordovan bee in the entire package is the queen.  When you by a package the subspecies is limited to the queen as it is her offspring that will populate the hive over time.  For the workers they just shake workers from any old hive until they get to the proper weight size for the package.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline RangerBrad

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 08:42:16 am »
This was just a queen and attendants, Not a package. Brad

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 10:44:59 am »
Attendants I would bet are not the offspring of your queen. Most breeders only wait to see the egg pattern not the brood when they are selling queens. So setting up a mating nuc a breeder will just shake bees from any hive that is doing well into the nuc and your attendants could easily be from that random stock.

anything