Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: question about Aussie Real Estate Prices  (Read 18619 times)

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
Re: question about Aussie Real Estate Prices
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 08:32:36 pm »
This post was not meant to start a pissing contest between AU and the US.

EXACTLY... When did this become "My Country is better than yours" post - please knock it off. Thank you all.

Now that's irony
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2010, 08:35:19 pm »
hmmmm

think i'll keep my guns and executions  :-D

the debt i could do without.....it'll take a couple more elections before we can begin to fix that mess.
Kath
Executions are a laugh?

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2010, 09:41:05 pm »
>>>>Executions are a laugh?<<<<

Not to a taxpayer here. They cost way too much.

Not to the victim's family. They take way too long to finalize.

If they were carried out quickly and cheaply, then yes, we could laugh as the world was relieved of another monster.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 10:10:18 pm »
both the cost and the delay are due to the endless appeals.  both problems are easily remedied.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 12:57:36 pm »
both the cost and the delay are due to the endless appeals.  both problems are easily remedied.
How?
No appeal?
Next day, bullet in the back of head re: China? the state could then recoup some of the trial cost by selling off body parts!
Not that long ago we had a guy jailed for rape, sent down for life, years later DNA proved he was innocent, do you still have the DP for rape? How would you feel in this guys place? but then again you would have no feelings, you would not be here! It  is easy to pontificate about how good executions are, even laugh about them until you are the innocent who is wrongly convicted then it is too late. Have a nice day. :(
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 01:17:39 pm by cidersabuzzin »

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 01:16:41 pm »
oh stop hyperventilating.  instead of asking me if we have the death penalty for rape, why don't you do your own research? 

you are a good lesson for anyone who wonders what the basis of liberalism is: it is emotion over facts. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2010, 01:21:31 pm »
oh stop hyperventilating.  instead of asking me if we have the death penalty for rape, why don't you do your own research?  

you are a good lesson for anyone who wonders what the basis of liberalism is: it is emotion over facts.  

Must have struck a cord, or even a nerve. :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 04:01:03 pm by cidersabuzzin »

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2010, 01:47:21 pm »

Must have struck a cord. :)

How Ironic, as you would say.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2010, 02:24:10 pm »
Must have struck a cord.

you may have.  i know i have several.  one reacts when people make assumptions without facts.  another goes off when when someone assumes to know my thoughts without any statements or actions on my part to back up that assumption.

and really, there is no reason not to do your own study.  you have access to info sitting in front of you.  i don't expect that we all will draw the same conclusions from what we learn, only that we take the time to learn before we shoot off.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2010, 02:56:48 pm »
>>>>Not that long ago we had a guy jailed for rape, sent down for life, years later DNA proved he was innocent, <<<<

No, you are wrong there. We have had several cases like that. It did not prove his innocence. It just proved that there was someone else there when the crime was committed. Thus removing the evidence that he did it alone. Without further evidence that there were more than one, he was set free.

PS. One such case here, he was back in jail for a new rape charge within a year.

Real innocent.......NOT!!
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2010, 04:12:40 pm »
oh stop hyperventilating.  instead of asking me if we have the death penalty for rape, why don't you do your own research?  

Ms Pearce
You are falling off the edge again, I don't think I'll go down the route of name calling, sticks and stones etc, I can do if you want? I thought these forums were for discussions by people who will take the trouble to talk to each other. After all what did Winston say about 'Jaw Jaw' I could go on about backwoods, redneck pistol packing neo-cons, but I did not. Please have some respect for other peoples views. Believe it or not I understand where you are comming from, we are the product of different cultures and would probably not agree on lots of things (hopefully on bees!) but I would defend your right to say it etc etc.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 05:21:41 pm by cidersabuzzin »

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2010, 04:22:20 pm »

Must have struck a cord. :)

How Ironic, as you would say.
I thought Americans didn't do Irony! John Cleese got it wrong after all. :)

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2010, 04:38:02 pm »
>>>>Not that long ago we had a guy jailed for rape, sent down for life, years later DNA proved he was innocent, <<<<

No, you are wrong there. We have had several cases like that. It did not prove his innocence. It just proved that there was someone else there when the crime was committed. Thus removing the evidence that he did it alone. Without further evidence that there were more than one, he was set free.

PS. One such case here, he was back in jail for a new rape charge within a year.

Real innocent.......NOT!!
Surely the principle is, if you make a mistake there is no going back! We have given pardons to people we hung. Hell of a lot of good it did them! the victims will probably not get any justice either, the trail has long gone cold. It's a human life your talking about, not shooting a deer in the backwoods. :(

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2010, 05:02:14 pm »
I could go on about backwoods, redneck pistol packing neo-cons, but I did not. Please have some respect for other peoples views. Believe it or not I understand where you comming from, we are the product of different cultures and would probably not agree on lots of things (hopefully on bees!) but I would defend your right to say it etc etc.

i have no idea what you are talking about....unless you think my identifying you as a liberal is name calling.  i would not take exception to any of your labels except neo-con.  that, i am not.

one more thing here, since you brought it up.  being a "product of" _____ is not an excuse for being uninformed in an argument.  as much as i would disagree with many of the choices you all have made, i would not attempt to engage in a conversation about them without an attempt at understanding them. 

you ask for courtesy in conversation.  i would suggest that attacking us with out being informed is pretty discourteous.

you were right about one thing, this conversation belongs in the coffee house.  if one of the mods wants to move it down there, i'd be happy to continue.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2010, 05:13:06 pm »
Why in the heck are homes so much in Australia??  I was looking at some home prices and couldn't believe it!!!  Any city I chose was like San Francisco prices.  Heck, a tiny home in Perth went for over a million US dollars.  Crazy.

How do you guys afford it?  Honey must be selling for a LOT of money in order to pay those prices.

Ken

Those home are actually sold here for a few hundreds dollars, but we re programmed the internet to show them 100000 times the value to deter people from wanting to move here - we love the space! :-D

Pete
Don't advertise it! The Chinese are just over the horizon coverting all that space!!! :) We have a TV programme here about families moving to Oz, certainly looks a beautiful country. A long way to go for a holiday, otherwise I would be there! always fancied the Gold Coast and the Reef.
Regards
cider

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2010, 05:50:26 pm »

you ask for courtesy in conversation.  i would suggest that attacking us with out being informed is pretty discourteous.

you were right about one thing, this conversation belongs in the coffee house.  if one of the mods wants to move it down there, i'd be happy to continue.

The whole point of my post was once you have executed someone there is no going back! If you convict someone for what ever crime ensure the punishment fits the crime. darned by his own words I hear you cry! Make convicts do hard labour, if they won't, they don't eat, their choice. If you made a mistake and they are innocent they can sue, but money is not much use in a grave. The thing that got me uptight was the grin at the end of the post, a bit of a bummer really.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2010, 06:27:53 pm »
oh gee.  sorry i made you up tight.

let me see if i can fix that.

every time they execute one of these SOBs i do the happy dance.  i wish i could do it more often!  the average length of time spent on death row is over 8 years. most spend more than 10 years.  those executed more quickly are usually executed because they refuse to appeal, and once the automatic appeals are done, they are also.

most of those on death row are repeat felons,  many with violent criminal records.  there are not many state capitol crimes.  most are  aggravated murder.  not all states have the death penalty.  the federal government does, but doesn't use it much.

have people been executed in error?  sure.  is it less likely to happen now with better technology?  yes.  can we change errors of the past?  no.  if we have accidentally executed a felon who didn't commit this capitol crime do i care?  not much except that it would mean we left another scum ball on the street.

if you are still unclear on my position, please feel free to PM me  :-D

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2010, 07:06:20 pm »
If I rob, rape, and kill 4 people, it is wrong to convict me only of a 5th person that I didn't kill. So 10 years later, let me out and pay me a few million in compensation, so I can buy my way out when I do kill the 5th one myself. Yeah, that's the way it should be done.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2010, 09:26:38 pm »
cidersabuzzin says:

You are falling off the edge again, I don't think I'll go down the route of name calling, sticks and stones etc, I can do if you want? I thought these forums were for discussions by people who will take the trouble to talk to each other.

Beemaster Replies:

I strongly suggest you don't try the sticks and stone method here, and NO YOU CAN'T go down the road of name calling. I further suggest you calm your wording now. This forum we attempt to always keep the peace, and will gladly do so if it means the banning of any member who wants to start or stir crap. In this post, I see that person being you, and it might be a good idea to end your input in this post if it continues down the same road.

Keep your crap out of this forum, your wording isn't that cleaver and your points aren't very logical, so aim a little lower unless you do some homework - you may want to stay out of community forums and stick with beekeeping if you tell someone you are willing to fight a war of wars or sticks ad stones. I suggest you read the forum rules.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Mardak

• House Bee
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2010, 03:59:32 am »
Dear Beemaster,

you have a great site and I hope we all abide by the rules that have been published as it makes the experience very positive and enlightening for people suc as myself new to the of apiary and bees.

Well done and keep up the good work.  :-D