Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: new toy  (Read 3810 times)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
new toy
« on: October 10, 2006, 08:11:37 am »
some of you know I been making my own woodware, I have been making my own woodware for some time now and my table saw played out on me yesterday, so went to sears and looked at their table saws and was not impresses at all, ever saw they had except for the $900 one was made of a lot of plastic, shook easily, most would only take a stacked dado blade and not the wabble dado, cheap,cheap cheap!!! I went to home Depot and Lows and decided to get a Ridgid at home depot, it is made of metal no plastic, has the smoothest rip fence I seen on all saws looked at, I feel like I got the saw for me ,,, this is a nice saw and now I get to play again....

THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline super dave

• House Bee
new toy
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 09:17:35 am »
also there is a life time warrenty on the tools -yes even the power tools-- so cool
lets throw it in the air and see which  way it splatters

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
new toy
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 09:23:18 am »
yup, forgot to mention that!!!! but man it comes in 100 pieces and took me about 2-3 hours to assemble but it taught me alot about how it is made......

Amateurs built the ark,

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
new toy
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 10:12:47 am »
Nice new toy.  Good luck with it.....and be careful.  No one ever "plans" to have an accident.  Regardless of how annoying that blade guard is, learn to deal with it.  

:wink:
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
new toy
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 11:07:23 pm »
Quote from: Robo
Nice new toy.  Good luck with it.....and be careful.  No one ever "plans" to have an accident.  Regardless of how annoying that blade guard is, learn to deal with it.  

:wink:

yup it will take some getting use to, my old craftsman saw was about 30 years old and didn't have any protective guards.

Amateurs built the ark,

Offline super dave

• House Bee
new toy
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 08:52:54 am »
i just this router att. for one of the  side tables-- i love it so much i've been coming home after work and having lots of fun to the late hours of the night

heres  the site

http://www.tools-plus.com/ben40-031.html
lets throw it in the air and see which  way it splatters

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
new toy
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 10:43:43 am »
that's a nice setup Dan, but I was looking at the router table below, its only $299.
the table saw attachment will probably have more working surface than the one below, is there other advantages to the table saw attached one than the router table ???

Amateurs built the ark,

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
new toy
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 11:47:17 am »
Quote from: TwT
is there other advantages to the table saw attached one than the router table ???

I've been considering a router extension for my cabinet saw, but just can't justify the price they want for them.  Thinking about building my own if I ever get the time :lol:

I have a Craftsman table very similar to the one you show (actually with extensions) and find the table too small from a functionality and safety view (sure would like to use my tenoning jig with it). I also find the mitre slots to be poor and the mitre guage is crappy.

The other positive,  at least for me is space.   My shop is quickly running out of space and by combining the table saw and router table sure helps.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline SteveSC

• House Bee
new toy
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 11:53:05 am »
I have the same T-3650 Ridgid table saw.  Bought it 6 mons. ago.  Nice saw - well made.  I did go ahead a get finer cutting blade - I think I bought a 82 or 84 tooth carbide - one or the other.  Cleaner cut.  

You have to register for and send some documentation in for the " Life time warranty " it's not automatic.  Some people think it is.  Ridgid will send you the " Life time" warranty # that you have to use when you need to make a claim.  It took 2 mons to get mine after I registered and mailed the stuff they required.

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
new toy
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 12:17:01 pm »
yeh I seen that steve, good post, im sending mine tomorrow....

Amateurs built the ark,

anything