Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Georgia  (Read 2376 times)

Offline panpan

• New Bee
Hello from Georgia
« on: July 03, 2012, 03:43:25 pm »
Hi everyone! I'm Lisa and I'm newly addicted to bees.  :)

I just got my first hive going, thanks to a friend who had a colony that had taken up residence in the side of her house which needed removing. A couple of friends and I did the cut out (which was one heck of an introduction to working with bees!) and from that point on, I've been having a love affair with these fuzzy little ladies.

This site is amazingly full of info! I can't wait to read it and chat with y'all.

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
Re: Hello from Georgia
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 03:51:37 pm »
Welcome to the site!

Doing a cut out already ! Wow ! I'm in my third year and still not ready to do them.

Larry

Offline David McLeod

• Field Bee
  • Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
    • Georgia Wildlife Services, Inc
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 05:00:20 pm »
Welcome from Hampton. If you're ever in the area we havr a great club in McDonough. The state association meeting is also in McDonough this fall.
Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 07:42:07 pm »
Welcome from Fort Valley. Where in Georgia are you? If you are in the Middle GA. area, we have a excellent club that meets monthly.

Good Luck,

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 07:45:03 pm »
Welcome to the forum from another GA boy.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 08:04:12 pm »

Welcome to the forum, Lisa.  If you have any questions, just ask someone here can usually answer it.  Check into a local bee club also.  Good luck with your bees, they are very additive.

Joe

Offline panpan

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 07:35:35 pm »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm in Gainesville, so I'm probably going to check out the Forsyth county or Hall county bee club. But I have sad news-- I went to check my bees tonight and to put down dome SHB traps because I had seen a few scurrying around about 3 days ago, and in that time they took down my entire hive. :(  Only a few stragglers left. I'll start another thread to see what I did wrong. I'm so, so heartbroken.

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 09:40:41 pm »
welcome to the Redneck Olympics state bee busters. Sorry to hear about the lost. we all learn from problems and mistakes. The season of swarms and cutouts is still on. be patient and list yourself on the removal list and contact your county extension office. we get calls all over the state and when they are out of our work zone we pass them to someone closer. just ask a two cent question here and you will get a million cents  ;) in answers.

john

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 09:37:08 am »
Welcome to the site!