Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New "Bee" from Northern NJ  (Read 1969 times)

Offline rick42_98

• New Bee
New "Bee" from Northern NJ
« on: April 20, 2008, 09:43:20 am »
Hi ALL:
I am just learning as much as I can about beekeeping.  They are industrious, beneficial and fascinating creatures indeed.  Thanks in advance for all the info I am about to absorb.....

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: New "Bee" from Northern NJ
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 10:16:43 am »
Rick42.  Welcome to our forum.  You ain't seen nothin' yet!!!  You find them fascinating now, let me tell you, the more you learn about the bees, the more you will want to learn, you have already discovered this.  Soon, you will be under the spell of the honeybee, hee, hee.  So, when will you be ready to get your bees, hee, hee.  Welcome, enjoy your stay with us, you will find this the most friendly of forums, we are like a family here, you will make some good friends, and ask any question your heart desires, all questions are good, and will get great answers, welcome!!!  Have the best of a wonderful and beautiful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline rick42_98

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 12:42:16 pm »
Cindi and Michael,
Thanks for the welcoming comments.  I am awaiting a book from Amazon (Backyard Beekeeping) to learn more before I dive in.  I believe in doing a lot of research before I start a project.  I am a little worried about a neighbor with a swimming pool (bees stopping for a drink) and bothering/stinging them.  Any suggestions?  I have been to a meeting of the NJ Beekeepers and they gave me a good introduction.  Thanks...

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 09:53:51 am »
Rick, when you get more familiar with how the forum works, do a search on bees and swimming pools, yes they do like the water that splashes around and get in the water too, but there are methods to get them to prefer other sources of water.  I won't go into it because there has been so many topics.  Do a search on "pools', etc., you will come up with a bunch of good posts.  Good luck, best of this beautiful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything