Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: dark honey  (Read 2752 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
dark honey
« on: September 05, 2009, 12:06:30 pm »
it was a pathetic take.  just a few jars.  very dark and very rich.  i am thinking that buckwheat paid off?

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline suprstakr

• House Bee
Re: dark honey
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 04:58:37 pm »
What kind of buckwheat and how many acres?? I got my hives (6) on 45 acres of mancan bucwheat . There are only 36 hives on the field .Just put them on last week  at start of bloom .

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 09:06:13 pm »
what kind?  whatever they sold in the feed store :-).  when i go to the barn i'll see if there is a name on the tag. 

just under an acre for 6 hives.  it got off to a rough start because we had a hot, dry spell right after i planted it.  i can not irrigate.  with some rain, it perked up and i think that is where this honey came from.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 11:25:43 am »
Oh Kathy, beautiful.  Just wait, next year will be your year for Buckwheat.  This buckwheat that grew on your property will self-seed, and if Mother Nature has a good way next year, you will have mountains of those beautiful white blossoms, and hopefully you will have mountains of that beautiful dark honey, yummy!!!  Have the most awesome and wonderful day, to love our life, with great health. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything