Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Queen life suport  (Read 2708 times)

Offline abates99

• New Bee
Queen life suport
« on: May 06, 2008, 11:04:59 am »
A friend started 3 nuc's for me. I ordered 2 queens and am letting the third one raise a queen.  One of the nuc's has been "hot" since I brought them home, so I chose it as one to requeen.  I removed the queen cells from the two that I placed the queens in.  Three days later I check back and one nuc seems to have accepted the queen so I removed the screen and let her out, no problem.  I opened the "hot" nuc and looked, the candy had been completley cleared and while I was looking the queen and workers exited the cage.  Since they were still angry I looked at the other frames to see if there were any queen cells, finding none I went back to the frame with the queen.  I finally found her and they had balled her so I finally got her away from them, took a frame with emerging bee's and placed her in a push in cage with some emerging cells, I placed them in an empty nuc and shook a few workers in. How does this sound? Any Ideas?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 09:16:59 pm by abates99 »

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Queen life suport
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 11:20:01 pm »
A push in cage over emerging brood is always your best bet.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything