Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Painful  (Read 8039 times)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
Re: Painful
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2008, 12:33:29 am »
Hey Cindi!
 For the record now, most people call me John...My wife used to call me Johnny when we first met.(we met on the internet10 years ago)
 Most of the guys(and gals) who are the ones who call me "Bigfish" or "JohnnyBigfish" are good fishing friends who have heard the fishing tales about me or have fished with me and lived to tell about it!
Some people call me "Bigfish" only because thats what they hear across the lake when other people are hollering at me(to buy fishing lures or trying to tell me to wait up for them)
 I think its something called an endearment.??
 I like hearing it when someone in walmart yells" HEY, BIGFISH!!"
 Its kind of corny but I like to imagine what people are thinking when they hear it!...Then, sometimes, someone will come up and ask,"Hey man, why did he call you that?...Do you fish or something?"
 The it ends up a 20 minute conversation of fishing, luremaking, record breaking and just making a new friend.
I'll try to get a pic of why I got this name...Ok,I cant get it to send. It is a newspaper article...I havent been able to send any pics since my computer took a dump of all my stuff.

Anyways,....The Story of Fathers and Sons.....I'll have to look that one up.
 Hey Brian, did you always have the emotional block or was it something formed when you were a cop?....By the way...Racing started yet? I saw you mention it when you were taliking about your party.
Your friend,
john

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2008, 12:58:11 am »
I think I might have had a slight tendency that way from birth, never been one to experience large emotional swings.  But the numerous head injuries I recieved as a cop definitely set it permanently.  Sometjhing about having your skull cracked and bell rung another 1/2 dozen times to set a person a little akilter.  I'm crazy and I know it, but even better, I know why!
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Hayesbo

• House Bee
  • My son. Almost 6 and loves helping me w/the bees
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2008, 11:06:31 pm »
Its too bad all people in the world didnt have dads like we do(or did)
 I cant speak for everybody here but....Some dads just dont seem the same as 40 or 50 years ago..

My father was and is great but we didn't spend tons of time together. We did stuff but it was sporadic.

My son and I are so tight you couldn't seperate us with clysdales. I have gone to my Dad and apologized that I wasn't as much fun for him as Walker is for me.

I often feel guilty knowing that I have so much fun with Walker that I haven't been as available for my Dad, and I know he feels the same way about his father when he and I are enjoying each other.

I guess we all just learn what we can and develop from there.

Brian I am inspired that you continue to do the right thing without the internal prompting that most navigate by. You are wonderfully created.

Steve

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2008, 07:38:05 am »
Steve, you've broken the cycle with your son, and that's a good thing.  That's a difficult thing to do, even though you don't know you're doing it!  Have a wonderful time beekeeping with your son!

Offline Hayesbo

• House Bee
  • My son. Almost 6 and loves helping me w/the bees
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2008, 05:43:59 pm »
thanks. I can't take the credit. i really think my son is much more fun than I was.

Steve

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 06:37:35 pm »
All kids are fun, it's up to the parents to realize it.

I wish my kids were younger, so they could be involved and learn, I'll have to wait for grandchildren.  Not yet, though!  :shock:

anything