2 (12.5%)
Sunday August 31st
7 (43.8%)
Monday September 1st
1 (6.3%)
Make it a 2 day event?
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: B Square for Labor Day Weekend 2008.  (Read 84776 times)

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: B Square for Labor Day Weekend 2008.
« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2008, 05:28:11 pm »
Brendhan,

Have a wonderful time with the gang. Good for you to be able to go to this.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2008, 06:33:34 pm »
Hi All,

I am at Brian's. We are gearing up for the party. Getting things ready. Looks like Cindi is running a bit late. Cindi, where are you?

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2008, 12:14:30 am »
Brendhan

You might want to get stranded and stay at Dane's house. He has provided a link to an awesome house he is getting ready to sell.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2008, 12:15:31 am »
Yeah!!  Where is Cindi, she was supposed to be there early to help out. Wait a minute what am I doing getting involved with this, I am not even going.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2008, 12:27:58 am »
Just got back from taking Cindi, Brendhan, and their spouses out to dinner and for a little site seeing.  Brendhan got to play cowboy by helping wrestle a cheviot ram from barn to my truck and back out to pasture at my place.  A FREE ram is serendipity.  I think I'll name it Lambchops in honor of Sherrie Lewis. 

Brendhan's wife is complaining of how cold it is, I told her that this was a warm eveing here in the Great PNW, then took her to the top of our local honorary mountain (lava dome) where she got the shivers, but I don't know if the shivers was from the cold or the view.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2008, 12:34:15 am »
Thanks Brian for keeping us posted how things are going with the gang. I am sure you all had a wonderful dinner together. It all sounds so exciting. Give the poor girl an extra sweater will ya!! She is from hot, hot Florida.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2008, 12:45:22 am »
Everyone made it and a great time is being had by all. Janel has already fallen asleep. I will see about getting the Ventrilo up tomorrow. This is some gorgeous area.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2008, 12:52:20 am »
So how many actually made it?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #148 on: August 31, 2008, 12:54:14 am »
So far four. Cindi and her husband Ken. Myself and my wife Janel.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #149 on: August 31, 2008, 12:57:27 am »
 Brendhan, to those of us who live in the PNW it is one of the most beautiful places there is.  I've never been to Anacortes so it's an adventure for me too!  I'ts fun to see how Mt Rainier looks from different angles!  Annette, you will be with all of us in spirit.  Do rams smell as bad as Billy Goats??  :-P Brian, my husband is coming too so we will have to sneek the pigeons into the car.. :evil:  If they are in a box they will be quiet & sleep.. :evil: :roll: I have a couple of bags of apples from Amanda's tree to bring.  It's a small tree but has tons & tons of apples.  See you guys tomorrow!  Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #150 on: August 31, 2008, 01:01:26 am »
Brendhan, to those of us who live in the PNW it is one of the most beautiful places there is.  I've never been to Anacortes so it's an adventure for me too!  I'ts fun to see how Mt Rainier looks from different angles!  Annette, you will be with all of us in spirit.  Do rams smell as bad as Billy Goats??  :-P Brian, my husband is coming too so we will have to sneek the pigeons into the car.. :evil:  If they are in a box they will be quiet & sleep.. :evil: :roll: I have a couple of bags of apples from Amanda's tree to bring.  It's a small tree but has tons & tons of apples.  See you guys tomorrow!  Jody

First off, billy goats do not smell. Neither Ken nor I smell this odor that Cindi and Janel mentioned. I don't think it exists. if it does the menfolk don't smell it. The Ram smells like soap. It's weird but that is what he smells like.  :mrgreen:

This is definitely a supered area. The view from Mt. Erie is wonderful.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #151 on: August 31, 2008, 01:17:44 am »
Brendhan, to those of us who live in the PNW it is one of the most beautiful places there is.  I've never been to Anacortes so it's an adventure for me too!  I'ts fun to see how Mt Rainier looks from different angles!  Annette, you will be with all of us in spirit.  Do rams smell as bad as Billy Goats??  :-P Brian, my husband is coming too so we will have to sneek the pigeons into the car.. :evil:  If they are in a box they will be quiet & sleep.. :evil: :roll: I have a couple of bags of apples from Amanda's tree to bring.  It's a small tree but has tons & tons of apples.  See you guys tomorrow!  Jody

First off, billy goats do not smell. Neither Ken nor I smell this odor that Cindi and Janel mentioned. I don't think it exists. if it does the menfolk don't smell it. The Ram smells like soap. It's weird but that is what he smells like.  :mrgreen:

This is definitely a supered area. The view from Mt. Erie is wonderful.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Actually the ram smells like Lanolin which is used in soap, as sheep's wool was the original source of the stuff before they figured out how to make it artificially.    Soap would be close to the right description if I could smell, but since I can't nobody offends me.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #152 on: August 31, 2008, 10:25:19 am »
Boy it does sound like great fun, but where are some pictures?  Glad everyone is enjoying themselves.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #153 on: August 31, 2008, 11:00:14 am »
I hope you all have a great day. Please post a group pic it would great to see you all :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #154 on: August 31, 2008, 11:53:18 am »
Cindi has been taking pictures but we don't have the admin password for th wireless connection. So she hasn't gotten on. I just hooked up with a patchcord so I bypassed it. But Cindi didn't want to do that at 10 pm last night and I don't blame her. I will gently nudge her along about that today.

By the way I am up nice light fog outside with mountains in the background it is really very pretty. It is complimented by the Chip (the beagle) and Precious ?(the cat, I having a brain fart on the cat's name) threatening to tear each other apart as they face each other each on their side of the sliding glass door. The dog is outside the cat inside. :-D

Okay all, more reports to follow.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #155 on: August 31, 2008, 03:17:41 pm »
Cindi says,

No Pictures for You!

You didn't show up you don't get to enjoy the fun. ;)

Actually Cindi says she will do pictures when she gets back. Probably by Tuesday.

On our way to the downtown part of Anacortes.

I hope we don't miss poka-bee. ;)

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #156 on: August 31, 2008, 03:24:41 pm »
Nope, we are leaving now.  I'll call Brian when we are close!  I'm a hugger...Jody

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #157 on: September 01, 2008, 01:26:31 am »
Just WOW!

Well for those of us here. It has been just fantastic. We have eaten burgers, hot dogs, pigeon, and duck. Apple cobbler for desert. Everyone has tasted everyone else's honey. Stories and adventures told by all. Now I have to hit the San Juan ferry early in the AM. So I will crash out shortly.

Now we just have to explain the extra ram in the pen to Brian's wife. Maybe it's a good thing that I am leaving early. :evil:

Brian has been an incredible host. My wife is now a qualified pigeon killer. I cooked and no one got food poisoning.  :-D

For those who weaseled out I ate you pieces of Apple Cobbler.  :mrgreen:

Sincerely,
Brendhan

P.S. By the way I called pdmattox with everyone at the table. I tried to call JP but he didn't answer. I couldn't get the wireless to work so we could not get the ventrilo.

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #158 on: September 01, 2008, 04:39:37 pm »
And a good time was had by all!! :-D  Brian, thank you for being such a wonderful host!  I loved your place & got "ideas" (shhh, don't tell Bruce) for improving my loft. Pigeons are settling in nicely. DH was about as happy about finding them in the car as your wife will be finding the ram in your goatyard!  :evil: It's interesting to see the difference in build, they are quite different than my park pigeon mutts!  So far Angry Earl isn't impressed..I loved meeting Cindi, Ken, Brendhan & Janele (sp?).  What a group of interesting people we were! We did miss Sean, Dane, Kathy & Bill, next year??  The FOOD was amazing.  I tried duck & pigeon breasts, delicious for what they were. I'm not a dark meat person but was impressed! I might be able to develop a taste for these items.  Crab was wonderful & Brendhan did a great job of grilling dinner for us.  Cindi indeed has the best potato salad!  I brought grilled veggies & apple cobbler.  Brandhan wasn't thrilled about the veggies but did seem to like the cobbler/whip cream!  It was fun to taste honeys from different locals, Brendan's was very dark, rich & flavorful. Cindi's was lighter with a totally different type taste.  Mine is very light both in color & taste.  Brian's hives were so cute, panted & decorated.  Didn't take a pic cause I don't want my bees seeing that they are living in the slum!Brendhan, you guys are welcome to come down our way if you have time. We are about 1hr SE of the airport.  It is quite different than Brian's area. I'll take you to lake Mowich, google it, if the sky is clear the view of Mt Rainier will take your breath away, guaranteed!  Well, off to try to download pics!  Brian, thanks again for a wonderful day!  Jody

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #159 on: September 01, 2008, 10:46:12 pm »
Sooooooooooooooo, where are the pics from the gatering?   :?

anything