Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi Everyone!  (Read 1607 times)

Offline willie

• Brood
Hi Everyone!
« on: September 11, 2013, 01:48:03 pm »
My name is Willie. I am looking forward to getting to know you all better, and learning as much as I can from you. I have been thinking about getting a hive for about six years now, and decided that now is the time to make it happen.

I have an old farmstead on an acre, about 40 miles north of Omaha. I garden, have a dozen or so fruit trees, 15 chickens and a few bunnies. Within the next year, I will fence in my yard and get a few sheep.

As I transition my yard from grass to alfalfa, clover and dandelions, bees will become an important part of my sustainability program.

I plan on getting my hive over the winter and scheduling my bees for delivery in the spring. I haven't decided exactly what I will get, I am still doing the research. There are a couple of local bee keepers that I can learn from as well.

Anyway, any advice that you can give me is welcome.

Peace,
Willie

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hi Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 06:04:13 pm »
Welcome to the forum.   Read through the threads, theres a lot of info in them.   And ask any questions you have no matter how dumb sounding you think they are.   This is how we all learn. 

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 06:55:41 pm »
Welcome to the board willie.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 08:56:37 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Willie.  You may also want to check into a local bee club.  Good luck and bees are addictive.

Joe

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 04:04:04 pm »
Welcome.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

anything