Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: An American in London  (Read 2408 times)

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
An American in London
« on: December 15, 2009, 02:34:20 am »
An American tourist in London decides to skip his tour group and explore the city on his own. He wanders around, seeing the sights, and occasionally stopping at a quaint pub to soak up the local culture, chat with the lads, and have a pint of Guinness.

After a while, he finds himself in a very high class neighborhood - big, stately residences, no pubs, no stores, no restaurants, and worst of all ...NO PUBLIC TOILETS!

He really, really had to go, after all those Guinness’s. He finally finds a narrow side street, with high walls surrounding the adjacent buildings and decides to use the wall to solve his problem.

As he is unzipping, he is tapped on the shoulder by a London Bobby, who says, "I say, sir, you simply cannot do that here, you know."

"I'm very sorry, officer," replies the American, "but I really, really HAVE TO GO, and I just can't find a public toilet."

"Ah, yes," said the Bobbie. "Just follow me". He leads him to a back "delivery alley", then along a wall to a gate, which he opens. "In there," points the Bobbie. "Whiz away, sir, anywhere you want."

The fellow enters and finds himself in the most beautiful garden he has ever seen. He sees manicured grass lawns, statuary, fountains, sculptured hedges, and huge beds of gorgeous flowers, all in perfect bloom. Since he has the cop's blessing, he unburdens himself and is greatly relieved.

As he goes back through the gate, he says to the Bobby, "That was really decent of you ... is that what you call "British hospitality?"

"No sir," the Bobby replied. "It's what we call 'The French Embassy'."
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: An American in London
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 09:51:23 am »
LOL

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 11:05:08 pm »
frogs need water dont they???
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

Offline mudlakee

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 09:56:14 pm »
PERFECT

Offline Somerford

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 05:58:32 pm »
How very true !

LOL

S