Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Just a video - unsolicited advice is welcomed.  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
Just a video - unsolicited advice is welcomed.
« on: April 30, 2010, 06:12:54 pm »
I finally started uploading videos to you tube. Figured I should share with you folks who have brought me along at lightspeed as a beekeeper.

A good honey season.MPG
be happy and make others happy.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: Just a video - unsolicited advice is welcomed.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 12:36:45 pm »
Nice video.

My hopefully helpful suggestions.
Find out what types of plants they are bringing pollen and nectar in from and mention it.
Mention the date on the video. A few years from now that could be helpful.
Mention how old the hive is. if this is a new hive or a second or third year one. Does it have a new queen?

I am really glad to see the multiple stack boxes. I can't do to much of that down in SoFla.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
Re: Just a video - unsolicited advice is welcomed.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 05:49:11 pm »
I didn't specify the date, but it was the day of posting. ( actually made tie video for my son, who isn't a beekeper. (yet?))
I think I'll be trying to figure out the sources up here for a long time. - I know when the oaks pollenate they kick into high gear. (in fact that hive had a full super around the end of the oak bloom, but I don't have a clue what was giving nectar, the oaks were the only thing blooming as far as I knew) They did modestly work the blueberries, and we have blackberries going now.
I remember someone of considerable experience telling me we don't need a double deep in Fl., but I forgot the reasoning. I had added the medium at the bottom before he told me I only needed one deep.
be happy and make others happy.