Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My first MO/KS beekeepers conference  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Zane

• New Bee
My first MO/KS beekeepers conference
« on: March 08, 2009, 12:25:10 pm »
I went to my first beekeepers get together yesterday and it was a real good one. I met ALOT of good people and few folks from my little town even!
I went to 6-7 different 45 minute classes. And learned a little about making comb rounds for sale, splitting hives, adding a new queen, different types of bee friendly plants, swarm removal(the prices some charge is outlandish!),wax refinement and its uses, pollen collecting, and drinking mead! oops I mean uhhmm making Mead! :-D(psst tasted great!).
It was a great time and I met some very fun folks w/ the same hobby as mine.
If anyone hasn't made it to one they are a good informative time and worth the effort, time and money to go.

Offline Zane

• New Bee
Re: My first MO/KS beekeepers conference
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 11:58:52 am »
FYI
There is going to be a beginners beekeeping class(Kansas City area) coming up later this month sponsered by the KS/MO clubs 3/22 and3/29(2 1/2 day classes)

Offline riverrat

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 04:00:43 pm »
Zane it was nice meeting you and some of the others from the forums. Its always fun when you can put a face to the name. Hopefully we will see ya at emporia for the fall meeting.
never take the top off a hive on a day that you wouldn't want the roof taken off your house

Offline Zane

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 07:00:34 pm »
Yeah Riverat I enjoyed putting the name to face also. Hope to make Emporia. I met 2 folks that started keeping bee's in my little hick town and here I thought I was the only one up there!!
Good luck the the ob hive feeder issue.

anything