Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Sorry, I'm a little long winded  (Read 2140 times)

Offline TNTMan

• Brood
Sorry, I'm a little long winded
« on: December 21, 2010, 01:03:35 pm »
My name is Robin Blomberg.  I am a deputy sheriff in Miwlaukee WI, and am retiring next August.  I got my criminal justice degree in Marion Indiana, and met my wife while going to school.  She was from a little town (one of the towns known as the twin cities locally) called Gas City, just south of Marion.  We decided several years ago, that when I retire, we would move back to the area she grew up in.  As soon as this decision was made, I started thinking about what I wanted to do after retiring.  Since I like working with my hands and have small engine repair experience I decided a small engine repair shop would be nice.  

Gas City and Jonesboro (the other twin in "twin cities") are divided by the Missessinewa River, and both small towns allow the driving of golf carts on their city streets.  I also found a commercial property in Jonesboro, and am buying it on land contract.  I picked the name Turf N Trail for my business, since most of my work will involve golf carts, garden tractors and lawn mowers.

Besides a small engine repair shop, I am allowed to hold farmers markets on my property, and have always been interested in beekeeping.  I will host the farmers markets and sell my own honey at the same time.  I am starting my first two colonies this spring, and expect with in a few years to be up to 25-40 colonies.  I will include a picture of the commercial property I bought, which used to be a drive in restaurant.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 01:19:38 pm by TNTMan »
In the absence of compromise, the greater force prevails.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Sorry, I'm a little long winded
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 01:38:42 pm »
a man with a plan!  i like it :-)

welcome to the site.  you won't be able to post pics just yet.  you can forward them to a moderator and they will post them for you.  it's a safety thing.  to many nuts out there....as you probably know.

you are not the only LEO on here.  there are several.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 03:33:51 pm »
a man with a plan!  i like it :-)

Don't let her fool you. She is more of the "I have a plan for a man" type!   :-D

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 04:39:12 pm »
 :buttkick:

that's not exactly the one i wanted, but it's as close as i could get   :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 04:40:29 pm »
Welcome to the forum. I am a current LEO and am envious of your upcoming retirement. I still have 12 more years of 'fightin crime' to go and it can't come fast enough. Maybe in that length of time I can have my bee yard up to where I would like for it to be.