Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Where to find bulk cinnamon powder  (Read 8114 times)

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
Re: Where to find bulk cinnamon powder
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 08:10:10 pm »
Had my hopes on the grape jelly mix.but it did not pan out.still have it placed though. played with cinnamon today on a pallet that was over run and lost a colony in that spot. this is a hole yard not five or six.thinking about foging with FGMO.they will probely through dirt on it and keep coming. may have to get serious. piosion is nasty busines.thankyou RDY-B

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 07:44:28 am »
Try the grape jelly with borax directly on the nest.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2007, 11:02:30 am »
rdy-b, please do not spray diesel on the ground...the only place for diesel is in machinery.  You'll be harming more than the ants if you do that.

Google "andro" brand any killers...I think they have a granular...also I think you can sprinkle sulfur granules as well as a deterrent. 

Hope you can find a safe control...

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 01:05:03 pm »
I talked to my comercial friends and they said spray the ground with diesel fuel.

If this practice is widespread among commercial beekeepers, CCD may not really be much of a mystery...I can easily imagine diesel fumes masking pheremones, since our smokers are able to do that. That stink would probably fill the hive constantly, not to mention the toxicity factor.
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 02:59:21 pm »
thank you Dayvalley i will do that. wonder where you get sulphur.  moonshae i often wonder about the new trend of buying treated boxes and tops.I bought some tops smell stayed for a year. coppernapanait? ithink cant be good. the granuals are starting to make the most sense. kind of scary :-\

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2007, 01:55:19 am »
rdy-b

Sorry I took so long, trouble with internet access.  Seems MP3 Rocket bans us from the internet.  Anyway, all I do is use my finger to smear a film around the base outside and inside.  Doesn't take much and lasts real well.  Bees ignore it since it's out of their normal traffic.  I have SBB so thats why I smear the inside if the base.  The film is only as wide as my finger and the ants refuse to pass it.
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2007, 02:34:34 pm »
maybe it will keep the cinnamon from blowing away :?

anything