Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Top of the pecking order  (Read 2663 times)

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Top of the pecking order
« on: May 10, 2009, 07:43:50 pm »
I have had the little chicks in a water troth. Today I laid it on the side so the chicks could get out and explore the world.... well the rest of the coop anyway. Now the mother hen keeps all the other chickens walking the straight and narrow. I know she wasn't at the top before the chicks, but now she is the queen bit... umm bird.  :shock:
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
Re: Top of the pecking order
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 08:25:43 pm »
She is woman hear her roar. :-
Big mama has her little brood to follow her around and worship the ground she walks on and all the other biddies are impressed.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 04:19:56 pm »
Hee, hee, hear her roar (now that would be a thing to see, smiling).  That made me laugh.

The hen with babies can be a bird that others don't wanna mess with.  They'll put the run on any other bird that comes even close to her little brood of babies, saw that with Micky.  For such a small bird, she was one dickens of a mean mamma.  The ducks are just as aggressive in that way too, the birds don't even come within 10 feet of them when they head out to the wild blue yonder with their babies in tow, amazing....beautiful and great days, great life, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 02:55:38 pm »
It seems that every bird in the yard will give defference to a mama with chicks or ducklings.  Even the hen who was the lowest in the pecking order gains tons of status when she hatchs a brood of chicks.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

anything